9 days ago
Operating from within the internal Square Enix Creative Department, this role is the face of Creative Development to Brand, Marketing, External Partners and Executives alike. Deep familiarity with creative development workflows, planning and effective resource management is expected, as well as understanding the impact of production decisions on both creative output and our cross-functional partner’s business goals. The role requires a specialist in managing expectations, and ability to identify and articulate alternative solutions when changes arise.
You will work on content development initiatives for social, performance marketing advertising, video content, editorial materials, branding, logos, style guides, packaging, event materials, and more. You will coordinate with the various teams within Square Enix to ensure deliverables are on-time and distributed across the various teams.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities shift quickly. You can manage multiple projects; communicate clearly and objectively; and keep the team informed and aligned in order to meet our deadlines effectively. You will be an advocate for the Creative Department and our process.
- Create, maintain, and clearly communicate overall creative development timelines, project deliverables, and resourcing needs.
- Lead weekly departmental project status meetings.
- Keeping project status reports up to date.
- Navigate competing priorities, allocate resources appropriately, and mitigate associated challenges.
- Coordinate projects to eliminate time-sensitive bottlenecks and produce high-quality creative expediently.
- Work closely with internal and external partner teams to identify more efficient workflows.
- Act as liaison between Creative Services and all other departments worldwide for marketing materials -- Requesting assets, providing assets, and approvals.
- Help ensure the strategic and visual consistency of all Square Enix brands.
- Plan, lead, and communicate internal and external workflows, ensuring an effective exchange of information and deliverables.
- Schedule, lead, and document all meetings needed for briefing, review, and approval of projects.
- Work with project stakeholders and the Creative Services team to define project goals, budgets, and deadlines, and communicate clearly to the team.
- Review all materials to ensure they are free of typos, inconsistencies, and other errors.
- Review all materials to ensure they meet internal and external requirements including broadcast specifications, social media file formats and deliverables, brand, and legal guidelines.
- Request and manage project budgets, provide reporting as necessary.
- Manage departmental purchasing process, creating purchase requisitions, and requesting any necessary contracts.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Extensive experience as a Producer in a creative advertising agency or internal creative team.
- Process-driven: must be assertive when project requests are incomplete, incorrect, or failing to meet minimum development timetables.
- Expert knowledge of the creative development process across digital and print.
- Knowledge of video content production workflows & timetables.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with individuals and departments to ensure cooperation across global cross-functional teams.
- Experience articulating creative intent to others and proactively coordinating with partners to bring ideas to life.
- Ability to review SOW’s, handle budgets, negotiate costs efficiently with third party vendors, and track spending.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Wrike PM software system experience a plus.
- Entertainment experience – preferably gaming.
- A love of video games.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Work management and dependability
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills, relationship building
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
Covid-19 remote working
Square Enix are committed to keeping our employees safe. We are listening closely to government guidelines, and this role will be based remotely until the company sees fit to return to the office. This role will be based in our Blackfriars Studio in London, upon return.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.