Creative Manager - Kids Studio
10 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you an experienced creative project manager who is excited about helping to build new immersive worlds for kids and the kid in all of us?
Wizards of the Coast is looking for a dynamic Creative Manager to join our newly formed kids games studio and help us craft the next big kids digital gaming and entertainment IP! This position reports to the VP of Creative and will help the team source and guide external creative talent as we develop our new franchise.
What You'll Do:
- Use multiple sources and contacts to research and recommend external creatives (artists, writers, game designers) we could be working with
- Create overview materials, style guides and pitch decks to inspire and excite internal and external partners
- Manage external creative pipeline, from pitch scheduling, to ensuring legal deals are done, to receiving all deliverables
- Along with the creative team, provide feedback on story ideas and art submissions, ensuring clear communication of goals at each step
- Oversee and achieve key delivery dates and estimated budget
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across different departments
- Suggest new ways of improving the quality of pitches, concept art, and other project issues
- Is an active participant in internal ideation efforts
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ years’ experience in video games, animation, television, comic or related industry; 6 years preferred
- Proven experience managing the creative process for art, story, or overall IP development
- Passion for the kids' entertainment space and a keen ability to see the world from their point of view
- A strong understanding of character and story and the ability to evoke them through images
- Comfortable working on franchises of different styles and tones. Ability to guide and augment projects with humor that hits various demographics is a must.
- Extensive understanding of the video game landscape
- Experience with industry research, from gathering data on existing products to testing ideas with players and consumers
- High level of creativity, passion and integrity
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing working landscape
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively at different levels in the organization
- Ability to work with team members in remote locations across the globe
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize different tasks
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.