14 days ago
NaturalMotion, Racing is looking for an excellent Creative Director.
NaturalMotion, Racing is the industry leader of Racing on Mobile Platforms, bringing unparalleled authenticity and quality with CSR.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
Our new Creative Director will carry the vision and lead a passionate team of developers to excellence and a new benchmark for what that looks like in Racing on Mobile.
We are passionate about car culture, we are passionate about cars, and with your help, the team will surface and curate that passion in every corner and crevice of the game.
You are passionate about car culture, and you know how to communicate that through a game that will engage and entertain Players long into the future.
You have a broad and deep understanding of game design, art, and production, and you know how -and when to include stakeholders below you and above you, how to bring people the right people together, and how to be the oil in the creative engine.
You are deeply aware of the realities of game development, and how to communicate with your peers in the team, in a collaborative and solutions oriented manner.
You are a passionate gamer, and intimately understand the differences between games on various platforms and can pull from that experience seamlessly.
You will report to the Project GM.
The role is based out of London, UK.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
A Creative Product Visionary
- The Creative Vision is what binds everything together for the Player, and ensures a consistent, meaningful, and immersive experience. It’s the juice that makes the squeeze worth it. And in collaboration with the other crafts, you will be holding this vision high for everyone to see clearly, and ensure it makes it across the finish line.
- With our target audience and existing data in mind, and together with Product Management, Marketing, Production, and Consumer Insight, you are part of ensuring a game positioning will maximize its impact.
- But the game is not done once it ships! You will be deeply involved in supporting the game at all stages of its life cycle.
- You understand that excellence comes through iteration and repetition, so being a key part of driving that culture, in the teams and through playtesting, is a crucial part of your job.
- You enjoy presenting and know how to communicate the game to executive stakeholders, to external partners, and, of course, to the team.
A Design Evangelist
- Although you partner with the game’s Design Director who is responsible for the inner workings of the game, you will help guide those features and systems to ensure they stay within the confounds of the Creative Vision, and delivers excellently against the needs of other disciplines.
- You will be the fan-bearer of quality, to make sure that features and systems get implemented to the highest standard, within the confines of the Creative -and Product Vision.
- Continuously review and provide feedback, formally and informally, to both features and content owners, and provide both low -and high-level guidance as needed.
- Pull from your vast experience with video games overall and use your communication skills to contextualize complicated problems in a simple to digest manner.
A Dynamic Leader
- Lead and grow a diverse group of passionate designers.
- Alongside the Head of Design, be part of mentoring the team and challenge the status quo.
- Use your experience, intelligence, and communication skill to help designers leverage their strengths and potential, building a team with both breadth and depth, capable of tackling any creative challenge.
Your Skills & Experience
- You’re either a Design Director, Art Director, or Creative Director who have shipped one or more high quality games in either mobile or AAA.
- You are experienced and passionate with Racing games, either as a Player or through your work experience.
- You have experience with and understand Free to Play and Live Operated games.
- You know how to balance your own Creative motivations with the Player’s needs and expectations with the practical realities and needs of the business.
- You have a good understanding of the future of games, Cross-Platform, technological innovations, and know how to form a pattern from this insight.
- You communicate effortlessly, lightly, and respectfully, and you can do this in person, in groups, in writing, and at a whiteboard.
- You have a “player first” mindset.
- You are a Master of quality in content, design, and overall execution.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays, and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
*Benefits may vary depending on region
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.