12 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are building a new game studio led by industry veterans to create a multi-platform, Survival Horror video game set in an iconic Wizards universe! Our new studio is located in Austin, TX, and our team is looking for a passionate and dedicated Creative Director to join us!
In this role you will be a part of the Studio Leadership team reporting to the Studio GM. This position will serve as creative lead for our new game and will be responsible for a cross-discipline team of story-tellers and game designers while working closely with other key leaders and collaborators across the development team and Wizards of the Coast.
What You'll Do
- Set the creative vision for our new game and lead a full spectrum of designers, artists, and writers across the various development phases.
- Collaborate with the Narrative, Design and Art leaders to ensure alignment between the creative teams.
- Develop and standardize our creative ideation processes to properly scale throughout all phases of production.
- Lead, coach, and mentor our internal and external creative teams to establish successful partner relationships and shared practices.
- Understand the impact and complexity of delivering outstanding gaming experiences across various game platforms and mediums.
- Partner with other studio leaders to review development plans, designs, processes, resource usage, time estimates, and project quality.
- Build an inclusive and diverse culture in our creative teams and in the game we create.
What You'll Bring
- 8+ Years of AAA game development experience with shipped titles as a Creative / Design / Narrative or Cinematic Director within the games industry.
- In depth knowledge of game industry current trends and methodologies relevant to game design and story telling.
- An excellent understanding of the building blocks of content creation and establishing game play standards.
- Ability to clearly communicate game mechanics, narrative, and overall game vision to a wide range of audiences.
- Can help identify current or potential content creation problems and provide clear solutions.
- Willing to travel to meet with development partners when required.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.