This job might no longer be available.
11 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for an experienced and ambitious Creative Director who will be responsible for the overall creative direction on a new and exciting original project! Working closely with studio stakeholders, you are an innovative leader with the ability to collaborate with all disciplines on the team in order to bring your creative vision to life.
- Define and communicate the creative vision for the game and provide clear and detailed documentation on your process
- Successfully orchestrate all disciplines on the development team in order to drive your creative vision (including designers, artists, animators and engineers)
- Incorporate the opinions and feedback of the team and use your expertise to make concise decisions about which ideas make it into the game and which ones don't
- Exercise tact and diplomacy when delivering effective and constructive feedback to the creative team
- Pitch new IP to internal stakeholders and external publishers
- Occasionally travel to shows/conferences to promote the game's development
- Remain up-to-date on industry trends, including new game genres and design methods and techniques
- Work with the producer to ensure that project deadlines are met on time and on budget
- 10+ years working in AAA (or high end AA) game development, with 3+ years of recent experience as a creative director, game director or equivalent
- Multiple shipped titles with strong experience overseeing projects from concept discovery through to live-ops
- Experience developing shooter and/or action-adventure games
- A well-rounded background in game design
- A demonstrated ability to create compelling pitch decks that effectively communicate the vision to internal stakeholders and external publishers
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to deliver effective and constructive feedback and convey your decisions with tact and diplomacy
- A clearly defined creative process with a proven ability to guide all disciplines on the team throughout that process
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.