12 days ago
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are currently seeking a Creative Director to drive, grow, and nurture the brand look and feel for future Mythical endeavors. The Creative Director will achieve this through exploring and evolving creative methodologies to fit our projects and clients, as well as ensuring the high-quality standard of Game Design process and deliverables.
Right out of the gate, you will be making an impact by working with the wider Concept/Inception team along with internal and external clients, pitching new game design concepts, and understanding client vision. You will be required to work with a multidisciplinary design team to develop game design proposals, recruit top game design talent and manage all game design staff to success.
This position will work closely with the Chief Creative Officer, Product Leaders, and other cross-functional product teams within Mythical to understand and deliver against company goals and product initiatives.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation, pushing the game teams to meet or exceed the experiences and production values on their products.
- Coach and mentor our multidisciplinary game team and help develop our organization’s creative infrastructure.
- Develop and evangelize the standards for both the user experience and the game design process across the organization.
- Influencing design thinking and design related agile methodology across the organization.
- Establishing and developing best practices with the design and creative teams
- Working with other discipline leaders to deliver against product and team strategy at an organizational level.
- Research emerging discipline skills and techniques in the game design field and use them to expand the design guild capabilities.
- Work with Mythical executives to develop a strategy and roadmap for the creative development that aligns with the division’s business goals.
- Ensure that the creative design team owns and drives a cohesive vision for their respective products.
- Partner with the cross functional to develop methodologies for live events, A/B test features, game designs, optimizing for business driven KPIs.
- Research, document, and communicate competitive design trends in games across mobile and HD (PC/Console)
- 10+ years of combined Senior Designer / Creative Director roles or similar positions
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Free-to-Play games
- Experience in leading game design organizations and initiatives
- The ability to translate product vision to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders.
- Experience working with cross-functional, international teams is a plus.
- Experience with game and/or user prototyping tools like Unity, Sketch, Adobe XD, figma
- A portfolio that showcases 3+ titles completed as Design Lead from inception to completion. (strong preference for TCG, Open world, Survival, Questing)
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.