10 days ago
is a mobile games publisher that works with mobile developers to get their games discovered by players around the world. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lion Studios’ creative and strategy teams utilize their expertise to help game developers break through the noise and grow their businesses. Since launching in 2018, Lion Studios has driven 90% of its games to the Top 10 in the App Store and Google Play and helped drive 16 games to #1 in the US App Store’s Top Free chart. Many of the studio’s games hit the top 10 and the top 20 across both the App Store and Google Play. Collectively, the studio has driven hundreds of millions of downloads. Check out some of our hit releases: Mr. Bullet, Happy Glass, Save the Girl, and Slap Kings.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Creative Director to join our team! If you're looking to make an impact and the opportunity to work with a fun, collaborative team - we’d love to talk to you!
- Provide artistic leadership to drive the creative vision and quality of our in-house games
- Own and drive the creative and design vision of our games from start to finish with oversight of both the art and game design process
- Mentor and coach the art team to achieve optimal output
- Be a source of knowledge and best practices in art production for the studio with subject matter expertise in mobile game art and game design
- Create, optimize, and manage the art production pipeline within the studio
- Work with publishing managers and 3rd party studios to support and visually enhance externally published games
- Work with the art producer to coordinate asset development and delivery across in-house and 3rd party studios alike
- Work with the game design and product teams on feature design
- Create art style-guides for in-game assets and UI
- Set up the best practices and standards for production based on industry benchmarks and share your expertise with the team members
- Oversee art hiring, development and resourcing
- 7+ years experience in the video game industry and at least 3+ years as an Art Director or Lead Artist
- Proven proficiency in current 2D and 3D applications including 3Ds Max, Zbrush, Blender, Photoshop, etc.
- Excellent eye for detail and art quality, including lighting, composition, colors, staging
- Strong, proven knowledge and skills in fonts, graphic design principles, user interface function and design (clean, simple, fresh and readable art assets)
- Experience working hands on with game design teams
- Strong track record of ability to scope work, set project deadlines and deliver on time
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills, including ability to take an idea from concept to finished product
- Business minded with an art production skillset to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Art, Animation or Game Production
- Samples or demo reel with latest examples of games you’ve worked on
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience with hypercasual game production pipelines
- Hands on experience managing or working with external art teams
- Competitive Salary
- Work from home stipend each paycheck
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it
Interested? Send us your resume and let's talk!
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.