Middleton Wisconsin 53562 United States of America
5 days ago
Job Title:Creative Director
As our Creative Director, you will play an essential role in establishing, expanding, and executing the vision for the Call of Duty franchise’s most exciting new experience, Warzone. We are looking for a supremely strong communicator with a deep passion for first-person shooters, an excellent knowledge of Call of Duty, and can articulate the brand’s objectives through high-quality visual content. You will inspire teammates and shareholders. You must be comfortable with all levels of ownership, from personally designing features to providing high-level feedback. You must thrive in a challenging and often ambiguous environment. An agile and flexible mindset is also necessary since this position actively partners with a variety of internal and external partners. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated leader to help tell our story.
- Provide high-level vision and guidance, iterative reviews, and promote the project and team.
- Present innovative ideas to drive the project’s gameplay and engagement forward.
- Work closely with our internal and external partners to ensure clarity and create excitement.
- Understand new trends driving player expectations and behaviors.
- Guide early prototyping as you push innovation.
- Rally and create visible, wide-spread support for direction.
- Communicate progress and resolution of issues with the ability to set guidelines for peers and support teams.
- Represent game in communications, including delivering presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with company leadership, corporate partners, and external interviews with media.
- Manage the quality targets and results achieved.
- 10+ years of industry experience working in the field of game design on FPS and AAA titles.
- 5+ years of experience leading game teams and defining game design direction.
- Expansive knowledge of game design with additional areas of expertise in art, programming, engine technology, or similar.
- An egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- An ability to break down complex problems into consumable and relevant pieces for others.
- Experience taking major AAA console and PC games from concept to completion.
- Experience designing, launching, monitoring, and evolving a live service title.
- A passion for games with a desire to make an impact at an industry level.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills for working with internal and external teams.
Extra Points for having…
- Profound understanding of the Call of Duty franchise and Warzone.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the F2P games space.
- Prior experience working on a games-as-a-service product.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.