Creative Director, Unannounced Survival Game
23 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Creative Director, Unannounced Survival Game
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created. If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
We are in search of a Creative Director to help grow and advance the creative vision of our unannounced survival game. The ideal candidate has a passion for design and is able to effectively communicate the game's objectives through high-quality visual content. They continuously learn, understand the importance of process, pay attention to detail, and are eager to play a crucial role on our team.
The Creative Director will oversee narrative and visual design, guiding story and world creation for the new IP. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience in establishing and guiding creative leadership teams from initial concept to release.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
- Demonstrate a passion for storytelling and player joy
- Lead, coach, mentor and inspire the creative team to do their best work in developing and creating a new world
- Exemplify behaviors and take actions to build an inclusive and diverse culture in our team and in the game we create
- Solve complex visual problems with clear and aesthetically pleasing design solutions
- Partner with internal and external teams to analyze data and collaborate on design solutions to meet project goals
- Maintain the visual aesthetic and spirit of the game while bringing your personal design perspective
- Collaborate with the game development team's art leadership to create and evolve style guides, ensuring consistency across all areas of the game
- Build strong relationships with support group partners, identify key creative leaders, and further shared creative values and goals
- Lead multiple projects from start to finish, keeping all collaborators informed and engaged
- Facilitate communication, organization, and accountability across all departments to ensure project goals are met and brand representation is consistent and of high quality
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in game production or art/narrative direction
- Experience managing and guiding creative employees effectively
- Shown success collaborating with internal departments and external agencies
- Strong project management skills and ability to maintain a strategic view of all work
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills for working with internal and external teams
- Bachelor's degree in game development, art, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Have shipped at least one AAA title as a creative leader
- Cover letter is optional
- Online Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills is required
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $134,000.00 - $247,900.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.