Creative Director (Unannounced Project)
11 days ago
Wargaming is looking for а Creative Director to work on a new AAA PC game aimed at Western audiences.
The Creative Director will oversee game design, hold roadmap for the product, and share expertise in the gaming industry within the company. Working closely with both development & publishing teams, the Creative Director will ensure our game is sailing in the right direction at full speed. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience in establishing and guiding creative leadership teams from initial concept to release in game industry.
What will you do?
- Set the creative direction: To develop & maintain the overall creative vision for the game. You will work closely with the development team to ensure that the game meets the creative goals and is consistent with the intended theme and style
- Oversee the development process: Involvement in all stages of game development, from concept to final release. Work with the team to ensure that the game is on track, and that it meets the expectations of stakeholders, including the publisher, development, Product’s Head and players feedback
- Manage the creative team: including writers, artists, designers, and programmers.
- Lead, coach, mentor and inspire the creative team to do their best work in developing and creating a new world.
- Make design decisions: including game mechanics, user interface, visual style, and audio design. Work closely with the design team to ensure that the game is both fun and engaging
- Ensure the quality: Work closely with the quality assurance team to identify and fix any bugs or issues with the game
- Facilitate communication, organization, and accountability across all departments to ensure project goals are met, and brand representation is consistent and of high quality
What are we looking for?
- Experience managing and guiding creative employees
- Shown success collaborating with internal departments and external agencies
- Strong project management skills and ability to maintain a strategic view of all work
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills for working with internal and external teams
- Degree in game development, art, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient English skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Have shipped at least one AAA title as a creative leader
- Extensive experience of production or art/narrative direction in game industry
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.