Creative Director I
Hyderabad Telangana India
4 days ago
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA’s top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we truly believe in:
Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
Ownership – Get things done
Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
At EA India, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks, collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
As a Creative Director for EA India your job will be to use your passion, knowledge, and leadership to inspire the team, provide and communicate vision, drive innovation and create incredible experiences that surprise and delight millions of gamers around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Champion the overall creative direction on an ongoing basis, inspiring the team through progressive creative design and leadership.
• Collaborate with leadership and brand to define creative direction for our games.
• Evangelize and pitch ideas to the Executive team and generate excitement and enthusiasm.
• Possess a deep understanding of new trends driving player expectations and behaviors.
• Understand how user-generated content and experiences are shaping products in the market.
• Partner with consumer insights to break down and understand the underlying motivations, and then driving solutions to problems and opportunities.
• Sensitivity to mass-market appeal, and the ability to innovate within it.
• Rally and generate visible wide-spread support for vision/direction.
• Oversee core design vision and implementation, working directly with designers, producers, programmers, artists, and development.
• Proactively communicate progress and resolution of problems with the ability to set guidelines for peers and external support groups.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to peers and junior design staff, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skills and knowledge.
• Represent the game in both internal and external communications. This includes delivering strong presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with key organizational stakeholders, partner companies, and handling external interviews with the media.
• Be accountable for the quality targets as well as the results achieved.
Recommended Skills and Experience:
• 10+ years experience in a creative role within the gaming/entertainment industry. • 5+ years of experience leading game teams and defining game design and narrative direction.
• Experience designing, launching, monitoring and evolving a live service.
• Broad, in-depth knowledge of game design. Additional areas of expertise in tech, art, business, etc. are a plus.
• Experience inspiring an organization irrespective of reporting lines; a vocal champion of the work that knows when to defend the work and when feedback will make the idea stronger.
• Excellent communication skills -- both written and verbal -- are absolutely critical. Must be able to evangelize the vision for the studio and its projects both within and across EA. Experience with public speaking, a plus.
• Welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
• Is highly organized and can break down complex problems into consumable and actionable pieces for others. • Able to conceptualize, create, and implement game concepts using various tools and technologies.
• Experience working with research departments to define tests and interpret data to effectively iterate on design.
• Experience of taking major AAA Mobile games from concept to completion.
• Experience working with licensing partners is a plus. • Experience developing games that support User Generated Content is a plus.
• A passion for games. Just as important, a drive to make a game with an impact at an industry level