20 days ago
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
As Splash Damage grows to meet our new ambitions, we’re scaling up our experienced Creative Services team to meet these new goals. As a Studio Creative Designer, you’ll play a vital part of Splash Damage’s Creative Services team delivering graphic design and illustration projects, ensuring our studio assets are delivered to a consistently on-brand, creative, and polished standard.
In this role you’ll be creating assets for our studio both internally and externally, developing and actioning the brand across multiple design touch points (from newsletters and social posts to large scale wall art, print media, and apparel) ensuring our creative design is always best in class. You’ll be excited to collaborate with teams, confident working from concept to final delivery, and keen to learn and grow with the support of the studio.
You’ll play a key role in helping increase the visibility of the Studio externally, improving the quality of our internal communication, and in celebrating the work of the studio with our developers and players.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Designing creative digital & print assets, merchandise, presentations, and other branding materials from concept to final delivery to satisfy all briefs
- Together with the wider Creative Services team ensure that all materials are print and posting perfect, approved by all stakeholders and all deadlines are met
- Ensuring regular studio communication design consistency and liaising with relevant members of the Creative Services, game teams, print companies and other external suppliers
- Developing and updating all brand guidelines
- Keeping up to date with current design trends and software
Required Skills & Experience
- Highly competent in the latest Adobe Creative Cloud software – (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Detail oriented and creative with the ability to work from concept to final polished delivery, with the ability to take on, understand, and action feedback to produce the best version of the project
- Knowledge of prepress and experience in the creation of print ready artwork
- Ability to work on multiple briefs concurrently
- Strong digital illustration skills
- Proven ability to generate concepts and develop ideas
- Pace, energy, and a real intuitive flair for imagery, graphics, and typography
- Excellent time management, organisational, and interpersonal skills
- Great communicator at all levels and a strong decision maker
Bonus Points for:
- Experience within the games industry or related entertainment industry
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Please include both a cover letter and a link to your portfolio with your application, applications without these will not be considered.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.