Santa Monica, California, United States
1 day ago
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
PUBG is rapidly growing and seeking a Counsel who will be full-time in our Santa Monica, California location. This is a great opportunity to think independently, take initiative of legal affairs, and work in one of the most exciting industries in the world. As the Counsel, you will be part of a fast-growing legal department and will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Draft, negotiate, advise, and review all legal aspects of advertising, esports rules, TOS/TOC, social media, press releases, etc.
- Plan and direct legal affairs and ensure all business policies and activities are managed correctly and in compliance with current laws
- Provide hands-on counsel to all levels of the organization and manage the operations of the legal department in the Santa Monica office
- Ensure that all company communications, contracts, documents, filings and press releases undergo a legal review
- Review changes to law and regulations and advise management about any impact to the business
- Engage and coordinate with outside counsel as well as the legal team in HQ in Seoul for certain matters
- Lead the defense of the organization in lawsuits and the prosecution of lawsuits on behalf of the organization against others
- Other relevant legal duties as assigned
- Juris Doctorate from a top accredited law school
- Admission to the California Bar
- 3-4 years of experience in licensing/gaming/esports/ecommerce at a top law firm or relevant company
- Strong sense of customer support and excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Analytical, detail-oriented, organized, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Live and breathe our Core Values: Fans Come First; Obsession for Quality; Challenge, Learn and Win; Together, Open-minded
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Tasty catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free parking in Santa Monica!
- Gaming industry incentive trip after your first year paid for by the company
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and happy hours throughout the year
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.