5 days ago
The Counsel or Senior Counsel role will support all of our publishing, sales, marketing, production, business development, licensing, and operation teams. They will be responsible for drafting and reviewing development, distribution, publishing, licensing, consumer terms, vendor and promotion agreements as well as providing legal advice to business units on a wide array of legal issues. This position will report to the Director, Legal & Business Affairs, and will also work with Bandai Namco’s global legal teams in Japan and France.
The ideal candidate must be a team player that is passionate about video games and is excited about supporting world famous video game and anime brands. Our business is ever evolving, so this position must be able to take a global approach to complex legal issues and find flexible and innovative solutions to novel legal challenges faced by our business.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Southern California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft, review, negotiate, and advise internal clients regarding a wide range of commercial agreements;
- Understand, advise internal clients, and verify compliance with legal requirements for consumer products, including packaged and digital products, for a wide range of platforms;
- Perform legal research in support of assigned tasks and other department initiatives, including research on relevant U.S. and international laws; and
- Monitor and notify team members of legal, operational, and market developments concerning the video game industry.
- Three to five years (five to eight years for Senior Counsel) of relevant experience, either in-house or at a law firm;
- Experience drafting and/or negotiating intellectual property, licensing, consulting agreements;
- Excellent oral and written communication and research skills;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. Able to collaborate with different personalities, cultures, and work styles, across different departments and affiliated companies;
- J.D. and California bar membership (or California Registered In-House Counsel)
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of and experience with data protection laws (GDPR, CCPA/CPRA, COPPA, etc.), ecommerce, and consumer protection (e.g. marketing, loot boxes, accessibility, etc.)
- Experience at a video game, film, or music company
- Love of video games and anime
- Great sense of humor and interpersonal skills (our motto is “More Fun for Everyone” after all)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com or www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.