Corporate Strategy Data Science Intern (Summer 2021)
7 days ago
The Corporate Strategy team works closely with EA’s executive leadership team in shaping strategies to drive growth and innovation across the company, including identifying and evaluating strategic opportunities, staying ahead of tech and games industry trends, and partnering with studios to drive decisions through cutting-edge quantitative research methods.
The team is seeking an intern for Summer 2021 to work cross-functionally on technical projects with direct visibility to EA’s executive leadership team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in quantitative analysis, modern programming languages, and causal inference, with a keen interest in using these capabilities to validate business-critical assumptions, identify new opportunities, and make data-driven decisions.
- Work with Corporate Strategy and EA leadership to evaluate key consumer, technology, and market changes to identify new growth drivers for EA
- Assess potential strategic partnerships and investment opportunities for EA
- Explore competitive and industry dynamics across gaming, tech, media, and entertainment industries and assess drivers to advance EA’s relative position in the marketplace
Please include a brief, max 100-word overview along with your resume to describe why you are interested in this role and what you hope to learn from the experience.
Skills / Requirements:
- Enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program working towards completing a degree in quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Math, or Economics slated to graduate no earlier than May 2022
- Experience in analyzing data to solve scientific and/ or business problems
- Proven hands-on and in-depth experience with each of the following:
- Python (Pandas, Sci-kit learn), and/or R (Tidyverse)
- Excel and VBA
- Inferential statistics and predictive modelling (e.g., regression, classification, regularization, matching methods, etc.)
- Causal inference and quasi-experimental design (e.g., matching methods, RDD)
- Data cleansing and feature engineering
- Data visualization
- Proficiency in business writing and verbal communications, including delivery of presentations to business leaders
- Knowledge of the games industry preferred, but not required
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US or Canada on a fulltime basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.