Corporate Strategy Associate
15 days ago
In 2009, Riot Games released its debut title League of Legends which has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world. Riot has now put the "s" in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, Valorant, and Wild Rift. Further, Riot is now expanding on our mission to be the most player-focused game company in the world, with an ambition to offer players more to love across Games, eSports and Entertainment.
The Corporate Strategy team sits inside the Strategic Advisory department, which acts as the central hub for strategic support for leaders across Riot, and provides craft leadership to Riot for the disciplines of Business Strategy, Analytics, Research , Revenue Strategy and Strategic Finance. You will use those resources and capabilities to develop data informed strategic recommendations and analyses.
The Corporate Strategy team at Riot Games shapes Riot's long-term strategy and path to get there. As a Corporate Strategy Associate at Riot Games, you will report into one of the Directors of Corporate Strategy. You will work with Riot's executive leadership team to develop strategy along multiple dimensions, including where to play (e.g., evaluating markets and industries) and how to succeed (e.g., build, buy, or partner). You will be part of a team partnering with the CEO and other senior leaders to make important decisions for Riot's future and guide Riot's strategic planning process.
- Identify and structure problems independently, collaborating with a range of internal stakeholders to propose recommendations on multiple business issues ranging from growth strategy, market analyses and assessment, operational strategy and others
- Conduct rigorous analyses to inform strategic decisions
- Partner with strategic leaders across different parts of Riot Games to serve as a strategic consultant and trusted advisor
- Communicate recommendations to an audience that can include Riot's executive team and the Board
- Drive operational improvements by partnering with colleagues from Corporate Operations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience having solved a range of conceptual and analytical problems
- 2+ years of professional experience working on strategy related topics, working across teams to align leaders and develop recommendations
- Strong verbal and written experience creating materials for and presenting to senior-level audiences
- Experience building relationships and trust with diverse groups of partners at different levels of organizations
- 2+ years in Management Consulting or in Corporate Strategy roles in other companies
- Experience in Games, Music, Entertainment or High-tech industries
- Passionate about games and the player experience; able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games and entertainment. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.