This job might no longer be available.
Corporate Resolution Safety Coordinator (6m FTC)
16 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Reporting to the Associate Manager–Corporate Resolution, you will be part of the Corporate Resolution Team providing Tier four support to our consumers and our contact centres, acting as a direct link to the Online Safety team.
The role will involve resolution of consumer’s issues and handling customer care escalations from our contact centres within our agreed SLAs for all Sony account services including PlayStation Network. Escalations will principally revolve around the subject of online safety but could also include general service questions and handling issues across a variety of topics.
- You will be required to escalate some enquiries to other areas of the business, track progress and provide timely updates to the contact centres whilst seeing the case through to resolution.
- You will be required to contact consumers to discuss their issues and provide a resolution.
- You will be required to make judgment calls when assessing sensitive or complex situations and, being the last Tier of escalations, whether to apply goodwill exceptions to policy.
- There will be an expectation that you will contribute to the development and review of processes and supporting documentation to ensure compliance best practice.
- You will also be asked to perform some ad-hoc additional admin tasks/to participate in special projects as required by the business.
- You might be required to occasionally travel to the contact centres and assist with new processes, products and services training sessions or agents’ forums.
- This is a demanding and fast paced position requiring attention to details, ability to analyse and solve problems while speaking or chatting directly with consumers, when required, in a friendly & empathic manner.
What you’ll be doing:
- Successfully troubleshoot PlayStation Network account suspension queries (for Online Safety-related reasons) escalated via our contact centres, within our agreed SLAs and with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism.
- Assist with other Online Safety related moderator queries or escalations.
- Work closely with the Online Safety team to ensure all resolutions are handled with alignment to their practices and policies.
- Ability to identify recurring trends and issues deriving from consumer’s insights and issues.
- Resolve high priority consumers’ issues through strong analytical skills, research and investigation skills while protecting the consumer’s information.
- Proactive monitoring of escalations from the contact centres and our vendor partners and provide structured quality feedback to SIE Training Manager and Quality Manager as well as Online Safety’s Quality and Enablement team.
- Identify specific training requirements, knowledge gaps and quality issues with vendors’ contact handling and Network Escalations and propose solutions.
- Assist the Associate Manager – Corporate Resolution and the Online Safety Quality & Enablement team in creating new product & service information briefs and training documentation, including knowledge base articles and moderator handbooks.
- Maintain excellent relationships with Vendors, territory offices and internal Online Safety stakeholders.
- Perform ad-hoc additional admin tasks/participate in special projects as required by the business.
- Prioritise and complete requests within the designated timeframes.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of Customer Services and Consumer Account Management with at least one year experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English to always allow clear and effective communication especially where English is not the first language.
- Ability to work cross organisationally and as a contributing member of a team with a strong consumer orientation.
- Demonstrates professionalism on all contacts (voice and chat).
- Knowledge of the games industry and online gaming either through previous job experience or personal interest.
- Ability to detect unusual customer behavioural trends.
- Self motivated with ability to work with independent initiative and prioritise tasks.
- Experience of operating and managing against defined service levels.
- Experience of working under pressure, in an environment that is rapidly changing and where consumers are extremely demanding.
- Ability to work in a global, multicultural team
- Proven ability to manage multiple consumers’ issues within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent ability to analyse and solve problems with strong troubleshooting techniques.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with a demonstrated work ethic and ability to perform under pressure on routine duties.
- Strictly adheres and demands strict adherence to the company’s policies.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently on routine duties with general instruction & supervision on new assignments.
- Experience of Online Content Moderation or Online Safety
- Understanding of global cultural differences that may affect consumer behaviour.
- Awareness of Data Protection Act in online environments.
- Previous experience investigating accounts or payment related fraud.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.