Corporate Development Manager / Sr. Manager
26 days ago
Corporate Strategy Manager / Sr. Manager
Remote (preferably US but open to China or Singapore)
thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching, and meaningful
game titles such as J ourney, Flower and flOw . Our most recent game, Sky: Children of the Light , has attracted a global audience of over 260 million passionate fans on mobile devices, Nintendo Switch, and Sony PlayStation, with a PC port on the way.
As Sky continues to expand around the world, we are seeking a Manager or Senior Manager in our Corporate Development team to source, negotiate, and execute strategically critical initiatives to promote the company’s growth. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced individual with a passion for creating timeless interactive entertainment that inspires human connection worldwide.
- Support the evaluation and execution of potential M&A opportunities: conduct comprehensive due diligence, develop business cases, construct intricate financial models, and collaborate closely with internal leaders and external advisors.
- Assist in the assessment of potential partnership and other corporate development opportunities. Evaluate their strategic fit and financial implications.
- Contribute to key corporate financial processes, including share buyback programs, capital structure reviews, and future capital market activities such as fundraising and IPOs.
- Support special projects related to publishing partnerships, IP collaborations, and other strategic business initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless execution of investment and partnership strategies, from initial evaluation to post-transaction integration.
Requirements & Qualifications
- A true gamer who is passionate about video games and has a deep understanding of the gaming industry.
- 3+ years of experience (6+ years for the senior position) in corporate development, investment banking, private equity or similar roles.
- Experience in gaming or entertainment industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- A deep understanding of thatgamecompany’s core values and vision.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (MBA or other relevant Master’s degree is ideal).
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience in executing minority investment deals, mergers and acquisitions, or corporate partnerships within the gaming or technology industry.
- Familiarity with capital market activities, including fundraising, IPO processes, and investor relations.
- Strong network and relationship in the interactive entertainment industry
Visa Requirement: We can potentially offer sponsorship for a US work visa for this role
Location: Remote (preferably US but open to China or Singapore)
Salary range: The salary range for this position is $100,000 USD to $150,000 USD annually, with the opportunity to earn an annual discretionary bonus. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the geographical location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience, and Company’s compensation practices.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.