21 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced lawyer to support our growing and evolving operations in APAC.
You will be a senior member of the APAC legal team and advise our APAC leadership business on legal and strategic issues and working with lawyers in Twitch and across the Amazon group.
Principal responsibilities include: negotiating, drafting and advising on commercial contracts, providing daily legal and compliance advice; support the APAC Sales teams and those teams which fulfill the Sales deals; monitoring and advising the business of upcoming regulatory changes; work globally with technology teams to implement product design; negotiate commercial transactions with clients and partners; handle compliance; resolve issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
This lawyer, who will report directly to our leader for APAC legal, will operate with other business and support groups across Twitch and coordinate with experts across Amazon’s legal department to provide comprehensive guidance to technical and business leaders.
You are inquisitive, enthusiastic about media, advertising and technology, enjoy being challenged intellectually, and demonstrate deft judgment , even in ambiguous situations .
The position is based at our APAC headquarters in Singapore. Some international travel may be required .
- Structure, draft and negotiate advertising, technology development, licensing, procurement and other commercial agreements ranging from standard Insertion Orders to one-off, complex, high value transactions.
- Participate in business development, and the negotiation of complex transactions for media contracts and telecoms partnerships, including esports and other content.
- Advise and work with the APAC teams on advertising and data issues relating to the strategic development of the APAC business.
- Work with APAC Sales, Partnerships, Finance, PR and HR and the broader Amazon Group and work with other members of the legal team to ensure needs are met and to improve processes.
- Develop and manage Twitch’s APAC position on copyright and trademark infringement and other related issues
- Manage the resolution of legal issues that arise in existing relationships; and handle pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
- Research and provide guidance on the applicability of existing and proposed regulations to new technology
- University Degree and Legal Qualification
- Legal experience: minimum 3 years post qualification experience (PQE)
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience
- Technology, Media, Advertising, Telecoms or Gaming Industry background
- You are a natural in maintaining project deadlines
- Communicate well and strong business partnership with senior partners
- Outstanding legal, drafting, negotiation, analytical , management and leadership qualities.
- The ability to navigate ambiguous environments and to work well with all levels of employees and management.
- The ability to function as part of a global legal team and the broader Amazon Group independently.
- English language fluency is required; ability to work in Korean is a strong plus.
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.