This job might no longer be available.
San Mateo, CA, United States
6 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment seeks a junior to mid-level transactional attorney to partner with and support the organization’s product development studios in areas of the law relevant to video games. We seek an attorney familiar with intellectual property, particularly in video games or other entertainment media. This is a truly great opportunity to join an experienced legal team and work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Draft and negotiate agreements, including game prototype and development, software and technology licenses, music and other content licenses, services/consulting, non-disclosure, actor, writer, and composer agreements
- Provide ongoing support for products and services on current and new platforms, including console, PC, and mobile
- Clear game content for release, taking into account IP risk, including trademark, copyright, and rights of publicity.
- Clearly and concisely communicate legal risk to business clients
- Provide guidance on external communications including trailers, blog posts, press releases, advertising, social media, and promotions
- Enforce industry content and marketing regulations
- Design and provide legal training, policies, and guidelines for business clients and the global Legal team
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the video game industry, PlayStation products and services, and relevant law by attending industry events and legal training
- Collaborate with counterparts in other regions
- Secondary responsibilities require some knowledge of marketing law, employment and labor law compliance, open source software licensing, merchandise licensing, privacy and data security law, and virtual currency
- JD or LLM degree, current member in good standing of the California State Bar
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- At least 3 years of experience as an attorney, drafting relevant agreements and working directly with corporate clients, preferably in the video game, entertainment, or technology industry
- Experience in intellectual property law, including copyright and trademark law
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.