Corporate Communications Manager
Mumbai MH in
29 days ago
Aout the organization
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs,The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future,
Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
Job Title - Corporate Communication Manager
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings
- Internal Communication - Rresponsible for the effective delivery of information and corporate communications to UBISOFT staff. The role is wide ranging, encompassing the timely co-ordination of employee communication through a range of channels to ensure ease of access, clarity and consistency.
- External Communication – Brand management of Pune & Mumbai studios within Ubisoft studios and on country level.
- Embed a culture of internal communications at UBISOFT
- Advise on, create, develop and implement co-ordinated internal communications strategies, plans and materials for the effective delivery of UBISOFT messages.
- Using appropriate core and local channels and processes to ensure that staff feels informed, valued and motivated.
Internal communications strategy
Develops and implements UBISOFT’s internal communications strategy. This includes writing, developing and implementing internal communications plans, advising on internal communications issues, and providing appropriate communications tools.
Develops and maintains appropriate internal communications policies and procedures to ensure consistency in approach.
Internal communications tools
- Develops, manages and promotes UBISOFT’s internal communications tools, including involving and training staff where necessary.
- Handles the coordination and production of the range of UBISOFT internal communications channels including cascade briefing, bulletins, staff news, intranet and major internal communications events.
- Maximises the efficiency and effectiveness of internal communication channels.
- Develops new tools, processes and materials and establishes the structures, networks and competencies for effective communication.
- Ensures all internal communications are clear, well timed, engaging, of a high quality and consistent with content and style.
- Acts as ‘lead publisher’ for UBISOFT, to ensure that the future SharePoint intranet content is managed and regularly updated. Creates a network of content owners and publishers to ensure all departments have the capability to maintain and update electronic information sources.
Key outcomes of the role
- Works with managers to promote effective internal communications and staff engagement
- Liaises with staff and checks staff attitude survey results to ensure that internal communications meet the needs and requirements of the staff
- Develops UBISOFT’s corporate identity, and ensures it is applied consistently throughout the organisation.
- Leads the Annual Meeting event on communications issues.
- Generates networking opportunities for staff and manages such events as required.
- Day-to-day administration of the internal communications budget.
- Supports the work of the Public Relations Officer when needed.
These responsibilities are not limitative and can be modified in order to reach the company’s goals and objectives as well as personal performance.
- Minimum 4-7 years’ experience with internal and/or external communications
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Marketing, Mass Communications, PR or comparable.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience with internal and/or corporate communications will be an addon
Common core skills
Always think and act with the customer in mind
- Knows how to identify, analyse, explain and anticipate employee’s demands/requirements of projects under their responsibility in order to build an appropriate internal communications
- Proposes strategies and tools to further improve the service provided to the employees
Build customer relationships based on trust
- Fulfils undertakings by complying with deadlines and quality expected (internal customers)
- Proposes communication actions which build employee loyalty in the long term
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain fair and even relationships with all departments at all times
- Capacity to challenge past achievements and be an ideas person
- Comes up with plenty of new ideas to solve a problem
- Listens to new ideas and facilitates their dissemination
Identify best practices in order to make the best moves
- Seeks out and proposes improvements in the context of their work
Share information and other expertise
- Seeks out information necessary to their activity
- Ensures regular reporting to their hierarchical superior and colleagues in HR and management teams
Be an agent of change
Is responsive and flexible faced with changes
Seek out expertise in the field concerned
- Keeps up to date on developments in the profession
- Continually strives to broaden their knowledge:
- Understands video game culture (content, sales, competition)
- Monitors press operations by competitors and in other sectors
- Is knowledgeable about all key target media sectors (operation, functioning, etc.)
- Continually seeks to be creative by proposing new ways to increase employee degree of information
Be autonomous and well organised
- Is rigorous and pro-active
- Knows how to organise and plan their work
- Gets a group of colleagues to work together
o Knows how to obtain information without causing offence
o Knows how to motivate their colleagues
Knows how to work in team to create a positive working atmosphere
- Understands the roles of the colleagues and fellow team members
- Has a positive and constructive attitude
To be result oriented
- Understands the profitability mechanisms of their activity
- Anticipates actions and is responsive to events with the aim of ensuring the best timing possible
- Effectively manages fluctuating budgets
Consider the long-term impact of actions
- Measures the impact of their actions in the medium term and factors profitability into all internal communications actions proposed (return on investment)
- Proposes activities with a view to ensuring the long-term future of employees good relationship
- Proposes realistic developments to improve internal communication strategies
Show ambition and commitment with regard to objectives
- Takes initiative to exceed expectations
- Maintains a consistent level of best practice in all areas of work
Skills specific to the post
- Knows how to think creatively and translate ideas into action plans
- Knows how to write in style appropriate to the message and the target
- Excellent global approach in terms of writing and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knows how to build a relationship founded on trust and integrity
- Knows how to convince
- Knows how to negotiate internally and externally
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Must be process oriented and focused on details
- A must to have knowledge of Ms-Excel, Pivot table, Visio, PPT, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc.
- With beneficiaries (all employees)
- With team members
- With the management structure