Corporate Communications Manager
10 days ago
Job Title:Corporate Communications Manager
POSITION TITLE : Corporate Communications Manager
Reports to: Vice President Corporate Communications and Franchise PR
Department: Corporate Communications
Location: Office based (Soho, London) & hybrid work from home
Activision Blizzard EMEA plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
Our EMEA office is based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently situated within walking distance of a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
We’re seeking a Corporate Communications Manager to join the Activision Blizzard EMEA Communications team, where you’ll be part of a global leader in interactive entertainment, with some of the most successful gaming franchises of all time - Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Diablo and Overwatch.
Your role will cover corporate communications and reputation, proactively and reactively, as well issue management. You will contribute to a broad set of industry and company topics in favor of our corporate reputation and business leadership. This will include working and coordinating our press office activity, media relations, proactive storytelling, leadership communications and events, all in collaboration both with our US team in California and EMEA territory teams and agencies, to ensure consistency of message and outreach.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead on external corporate communications strategies for the EMEA region and ensure consistency and alignment within global communications
- Develop and deliver corporate communications campaigns to proactively position the company, its executive leadership and marketplace presence in line with global communications objectives
- Serve as subject matter expert for media relations, issue management, and content creation for corporate PR topics and activity
- Drive positive media coverage for AB EMEA, our teams and franchises
- Build and maintain relations with opinion forming media and partners
- Handle reactive media requests including crisis and issues
- Support speaking opportunities and events, including spokespeople to ensure key message delivery
- Content creation for external use – statements, talk tracks, fact sheets, success stories, AB EMEA narrative
- Run the in- house press office, including monitoring
- External agency management
We are looking for a high energy, diligent person who can multitask efficiently and thrive in a fast-paced, driven environment. This person will also be highly organised and able to work independently, while contributing to the goals of the global corporate communications team. Clear, concise written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Extensive experience in corporate communications and outreach for a range of external partners
- Ability to write narratives and messaging for senior leaders
- Previous responsibility for media relations and experience handling high profile issues
- Comfortable advising as a subject matter expert on audience mix, campaigns and messaging
- Sharp decision-making skills under time constraints within a busy workload
- Ability to work effectively and as part of a global team in a fast- paced and matrixed environment
- In-house and/or agency experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, second European language a plus
- Experience in technology, entertainment, gaming or FMCG
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ® and Diablo ®. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network in the world!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only improved by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We seek to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.