Corporate Communications Associate
11 days ago
Job Title:Corporate Communications Associate
Job Title : Corporate Communications Associate
Reporting To: Sr. Director, Corporate Communications
Department : CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB .
We are seeking an energetic, passionate individual who excels at written communications, media relations and social media content development used to drive our corporate narrative to external audiences. This role supports the Activision Blizzard corporate communications group as we tell our story of being both the premier interactive entertainment publisher in the world and a great place to work that rewards and retains top talent. These types of communications include corporate narrative and press pitches, organizational announcements, thought leadership initiatives, executive visibility submissions, CSR communications and more. This role will also own the internal monitoring and reporting tools to create coverage analyses and reports around corporate announcements, company reputation and other key beats.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Manage press coverage reporting and monitoring around company reputation, franchise and game communications, and competitive landscape.
- Contribute to corporate strategic communications plans and support day-to-day execution of cross-channel communications activities. Serve as a contributing writer of the organization’s content for distribution across earned, paid, shared, and owned stakeholder communications.
- Support the sourcing of stories, data and spokespeople that demonstrate and highlight our leadership position in the industry.
- Help develop messaging for a range of communications materials including but not limited to press releases, company statements, talking points and presentations.
- Draft pitches and develop story angles to serve Corporate Communications initiatives and proactive press outreach.
- Prepare briefing materials to help manage executive spokespeople.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- BA/BS degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or other related field
- 2-4 years PR/communications agency or in-house experience in fast-paced environment; entertainment, technology or other creative industry experience preferred
- Excellent writing skills at all levels with press pitches and corporate messaging emphasis
- Strong foundation of the Microsoft Office communications suite - Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Excellent client service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and project manage several individual projects for many varied teams
- An outgoing, positive attitude and ability to be a team player