Osaka Osaka jp
15 days ago
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Implement system-level and gameplay-supporting systems
- Optimize game code and systems
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Collaborate with technology director/architect on technical design and feature roll out
- Work with game teams and other engineers to identify systems in need of maintenance, optimization, or refactoring
- Coordinate with other developers to ensure smooth roll out of new features
- Review the work of other engineers and provide mentorship
- Create and maintain technical design documents
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 5 + years programming experience
- Shipped at least 2 games as core engineer or equivalent for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 360, PC, or MacOS
- C/C++, with multi-threaded programming techniques
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Understanding of low-level optimizations and core subsystems, memory management, cross-platform development
- Experience on several major platforms (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 360, PC, or MacOS)
- Ability to be self-directed, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Experience with technical requirement certification (Sony, Microsoft, etc
- Understanding of streaming file systems
- Experience in networked gameplay
- High level graphics knowledge using Direct3D or OpenGL
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 40+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Based in Osaka, Japan, the studio formerly known as Digital Kids was acquired by Ubisoft in 2008. Since then, the studio built up a wealth of experience developing for console, handheld, and mobile platforms. The studio released many successful titles, notably for the Petz® brand, and worked on games for a number of high profile partners including Tetris®, The Smurfs™, and The Disney Channel. Ubisoft Osaka collaborated with the Ubisoft San Francisco studio on the development of South Park™ The Fractured But Whole™ and the Rocksmith® franchise. With an eye on the future, the studio continues to grow in size with a focus on fostering its close working relationship with Ubisoft San Francisco to develop upcoming AAA projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.