9 days ago
Job Title:Data Engineer
Shared Job Description:
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We work alongside engineers and creatives at our AAA partner studios and deliver the online and data services required by our massive franchises. We have launched well over 100 games, and our services connect multiple millions of players each day into epic entertainment experiences.
While Call of Duty continues to push us to build bigger and better systems year on year. We also have a strong history of supporting great franchises such as Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot, Destiny, Diablo, Guitar Hero, and Skylanders.
Our success comes from our talented and passionate people. Our work environment is welcoming and collaborative, we deliver on time and at scale.
That sounds amazing, but what kind of impact can I make?
Demonware's data team is responsible for creating the services and infrastructure that ingest the billions of events our games emit each day. At this scale, the challenges we face empower our engineers to flex their creative engineering muscles. When we get things right the analysts, studios and developers that interact with our systems can rapidly go from question to insight without ever having to talk to us.
The Demonware data team also works with studios to model and instrument the things that matter. We work with our customers to ship data forward applications, ensure compliance of data produced and oversee the quality throughout.
We are looking for a data engineer to join our talented data engineering team that’s responsible for managing our large-scale data footprint. If the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in data engineering is enticing, we welcome you to apply .
Sounds awesome, what will my “day-to-day” look like?
- Design, develop, and support scalable and efficient data applications, tools and frameworks.
- Collaborate with internal data customers to provide optimized solutions for their data needs.
- Assist in developing solutions around our big data platforms using technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Airflow, Spark-Streaming, Flink, Beam, and others.
- Build efficient data models that allow faster data processing and transformations at scale.
- Apply data engineering expertise in troubleshooting problems around our large-scale distributed big data systems.
- Build API integrations with our internal systems and third-party data sources.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers on the data team who are responsible for managing various aspects of our data footprint including data instrumentation, ingestion, streaming, processing, transformation, and visualization.
Sounds exciting, what would you like to see in my background?
- Comfortable with one or more computer programming languages (Python, Scala, Java, Kotlin, etc.)
- Familiarity with concepts of distributed systems.
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts (Familiarity with AWS, GCP, or Azure cloud).
- Familiarity with some of the big data technologies (Kafka, PubSub, Spark, Presto, Flink, etc.).
- Familiarity with version control tools (Git commands) and basic understanding of containerization, build, and deployment processes.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and provide optimal solutions.
- Good understanding of software development practices (preferably agile practices).
- Good communication and ability to work with data stakeholders independently.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience working with Big Data (Kafka, PubSub, Spark, Presto, Flink, Beam, etc.).
- Experience working with AWS, GCP, or Azure cloud.
- Experience with CI/CD, unit and integration testing, orchestration and containerization tools e.g. GitHub, Jenkins, Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience in solving complex data engineering problems at a really large scale.