USA-CA-San Diego-Scranton Campus / USA-CA-San Diego-Scranton Campus
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Copywriter, WWS Creative
This is a contracted position through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
As a copywriter on the Worldwide Studios Creative team, you’ll have the opportunity to craft stories for some of the world’s leading entertainment brands. Work hand-in-hand with some of our industry’s top creative minds to create craft compelling copy that moves, inspires, and drives action.
- Understanding and appreciation of storytelling, language and structure
- Demonstrated ability to use language to build compelling user experiences
- Ability to critically approach challenges and construct an intentional, purposeful solution
- Ability to adapt writing style and sensibility to the specific job and characteristics of a particular game or project.
- Ability to be a proactive contributor to the creative process from the beginning of a project through delivery.
- Ability to channel and focus creativity and execute on projects under challenging time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to understand and execute on client feedback and notes to achieve desired end product.
- Ability to work as part of a small team on both short term and long term projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. The copywriter must be able to proactively seek out information in a collaborative and supportive way to create world-class copy that drives both vision and results
- 3+ years' experience writing brand-focused copy
- Demonstrated ability to craft short form, medium form and long form copy
- A proven sense of style
- Understanding and/or interest in the video game industry desirable, but not required
- Agency experience desirable, but not required
About Worldwide Studios Creative
Worldwide Studios Creative is an internal creative team that drives the brand vision for some of the video game industry’s top software properties. Our tactics span the creative spectrum from print and digital to live event, retail and broadcast. Our team is small but driven, putting an emphasis on quality storytelling and creativity to deliver memorable and impactful experiences to our consumers.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.