Proofreader / Copy Editor
Manhattan, New York, United States
15 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a talented Proofreader / Copy Editor to join the Marketing Department at our Manhattan, NYC studios. This role is responsible for editing and proofreading copy across multiple different platforms, while ensuring a consistent voice throughout. The successful candidate will be proactive, highly organized, thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, and able to spot an out of place comma at 50 yards.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Marketing Team develops and executes all go-to-market campaigns and persistent Online games programming across Rockstar Games’ suite of titles.
- We are responsible for leading the strategic planning and creative execution for all facets of promoting and selling our titles including creative video and static asset development, product packaging, social media, events, partnerships, promotions, retail and much more.
- We are the key gatekeepers of the Rockstar Game brand, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered across all channels and overseeing all extensions of the Rockstar Games brand through all consumer touchpoints.
- We work closely with teams across all of publishing and the worldwide development studios to ensure seamless execution of plans internally, in our game titles and across the world, including the always on marketing of our Online game titles, Grand Theft Auto Online and Red Dead Online.
- Copy edit and proofread both internal and external communications with an obsession for quality and accuracy.
- Review physical and digital design proofs for copy adherence to original creative briefs.
- Help establish, enable, and maintain a consistent voice for Rockstar in the form of style guides, consistent nomenclature, playbooks, brand guidelines, and more.
- Manage an editorial review and governance process to improve quality and consistency of content.
- Communicate and collaborate efficiently with other members of the Marketing team.
- Keep editorial resources and guides up to date and communicate updates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Creative Writing, or a related field.
- 3 to 5+ years’ of significant copy editing and proofreading experience with a focus on reviewing marketing copy and design layouts at a world-class publication, advertising agency, design firm or technology, media or entertainment company.
- Firm grounding in U.S. English style (AP Style, Strunk & White, etc.), usage, grammar, and punctuation. Familiarity with standard style and usage guides.
- High degree of accuracy and eye for consistency and detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Impeccable proofreading and editing skills, with the ability to match various styles / voices while finding a consistency throughout.
- A sharply honed eye for detail with just as much passion for the editing process as the writing process.
- Understanding of a brand’s voice and ability to remain consistent to that voice regardless of the medium.
- Ability to review, edit and proofread copy in a variety of situations including websites, digital advertising, product packaging, etc.
- Ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Creative, collaborative, and adaptable.
- Excellent at creating and maintaining working relationships across all levels and disciplines.
- Adept at learning quickly and applying insights from past efforts to new situations.
- A diplomatic approach to providing and receiving feedback and critiques.
- Ability to perform at a high level whether working as part of a team or independently.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to get the job done right no matter what.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience working with and understanding of technical language.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.