21 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Controller who will be responsible for the accurate and timely financial management of the company. We are seeking a seasoned finance Controller who will build, augment and lead a world-class finance team to support rapid changes and transformation in our industry.
In this role, you will manage all accounting, financial reporting, payroll, tax, insurance and internal control functions in service of facilitating executive and board level decision-making and strategic planning.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Southern California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the accounting function to ensure the delivery of accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with US GAAP requirements, management reports and analysis to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead review of internal SOX control guidelines, policies and processes for budget accounting, cash and credit management, administration, and other activities
- Manage monthly/quarterly royalty reporting (Outbound) to Licensors including intercompany transactions
- Supporting key initiatives around budgeting, corporate development, procurement and financial and operational planning
- Analyzing and recommending improvements to financial and operating performance, accounting policies and management reporting processes
- Partnering with business leaders to ensure that reporting aligns to their needs and goals
- Overseeing internal and external audit and tax functions and coordinating activities with outside audit and tax firms
- Leading and managing staff, including recruitment, onboarding, development, performance management, and retention
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field
- Previous role as Controller in a high-growth company and over 10+ years progressive experience
- Experience with internal controls, multi-jurisdictional tax, SOX compliance and ERP implementations
- Strong fundamental grounding in accounting principles and financial controls and reporting, knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experienced with general ledger accounting, month-end close, reconciliations, financial statements, and variance analysis
- Deep operating understanding of ERP financial planning systems
- CPA designation
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.