This job might no longer be available.
San Francisco, CA
4 months ago
Unity is looking for a business-oriented, experienced contracts professional with experience structuring, drafting, negotiating, and closing advertising, commercial and technology-related agreements to support the rapid growth and evolution of Unity’s monetization services business. You will work on the intersection of our cutting-edge Unity game engine, analytics, privacy, and our innovative ad tech and monetization ecosystem. You will work closely with global teams across Unity to advise on various legal contractual issues and help create, implement and maintain processes and tools that support our commercial operations. This is a rare opportunity to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment with a small but mighty Monetization Business Unit, where your work will have a direct impact on our business. If you are a “can-do” and collaborative teammate with a passion for helping salespeople close deals and challenging yourself with solving hard problems, this would be a great fit for you.
- Structure, draft and negotiate commercial and technology-related agreements of varying complexity, including ad tech agreements, insertion orders, strategic partnership agreements, data licenses, data protection agreements, SAAS agreements and technology licenses
- Develop and refine playbooks and processes to streamline the negotiation process and reduce cycle times
- Collaborate with financial and sales teams to document and execute revenue transactions
- Work continuously on improving forms and templates to incorporate learnings, address new issues and help scale the contracting process
- Provide practical advice to business development and product team partners and other internal stakeholders on relevant legal and contractual issues, including those related to data privacy law, rights associated with data, intellectual property law and contract law
- Drive issue resolution by balancing legal risks and business objectives and helping business partners make fully-informed and smart decisions
- Work with and help inform issue-area specialist on the Legal Team, including data privacy and intellectual property law experts, on novel legal issues encountered
- BA/BS degree required. Juris Doctor or paralegal certification is a plus
- Strong track record working on data and privacy-related contract issues
- Track record of relevant contract management and negotiation experience
- Substantive experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements for a wide range of IP, commercial and technology-related transactions, with the ability to communicate complex legal, contractual and other concepts into clear and concise language that business partners can easily process and act upon
- Ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively operate both autonomously and collaboratively within international teams
- The belief that no job is too big or too small
- Experience within ad tech, data, software or other technology companies
- CIPP/US or CIPP/EU
- Strategic thinker who ‘gets’ the business implications: we don’t think of our approach to legal issues in a vacuum—you need to be passionate about how our legal approach impacts our business
- Practical get-things-done person: Unity is a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-dig-in place—if you just want to opine without digging in, this may not be the place for you
- Communication and collaboration driven: If you like to connect dots and connect people, you’ll love this role
- True partner mentality: you don’t rely on authority or titles to make your points—you know how and when to insert yourself and are focused on solving problems and maximizing opportunity, not your ego
- Curious, with a sense of humor: You are curious about Unity’s cool technology, our amazing developers and how to maximize the success of each and can appreciate the humor that comes with our exciting challenges
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.