Contract Project Manager
1 month ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We're looking for a Project Manager who'll help the Consumer Content Development team deliver high-quality, consumer-focused content to our product users.
Primary responsibility: Manage subject-matter reviews of product manuals and packaging copy for SIE regions.
- Circulate document files with specific instructions for scope of review.
- Aggregate feedback from global team members. Discuss revisions as needed.
- Work with a distributed team of collaborators, including product development, marketing, legal, and product safety to understand their requirements.
- Contribute to other projects as assigned.
Secondary responsibility: Support the successful completion of PlayStation Terminology-related deliverables.
- Input terminology data in all supported languages into the database.
- Provide QA of content for external release as well as for tool-related updates.
- Support localization of terminology by communicating with vendors and internal reviewers.
- Assist the production editor with the release process so that content is distributed appropriately and on time.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while multi-tasking and being flexible to meet departmental needs.
- Highly meticulous and organized.
- Excellent people skills for effective communication and collaboration with different levels of the organization.
- Cross-cultural exposure in a business setting; ability to communicate tactfully and with patience in multicultural environments.
- Accommodate variable working hours, including attending global meetings.
- One to two years of experience in project managing, preferably within the consumer product industry
- Proven ability to elicit meaningful feedback from collaborators and manage projects according to schedule
- Japanese working proficiency (listening, speaking, reading)
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in project management or related field
- Experience handling technical reviews of consumer-oriented documentation
- Full professional proficiency in Japanese (e.g., JLPTN2 or higher)
At SIE, working with our partners, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here
to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below, this is an hourly rate.
$32 — $48 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.