Contract Business Analyst - Vendor Management & Budgets
USA-CA-San Diego-Via Esprillo / 721
14 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
SIE's Vendor Management and Budgets (VMB) team is looking for a Business Analyst (Contractor) to perform budget analysis and forecasting to align with the strategy, commitments and goals of the organization. This BA will work with multiple partners including business owners, vendors, and members of the legal, accounting and procurement teams. The Business Analyst will also drive the procure-to-pay process through contract review and execution, order processing, purchase order management and invoice confirmation for payment. Projects will vary from one-time projections to dynamic models with continuous refinement. The work you're doing will be used for strategic decisions including budget formation, contract negotiations, as well as business and technical optimizations.
The Analyst will be encouraged to drive their own workload with minimal mentorship, enthusiastically finding areas for improvement!
- Prepare budgets for one or more departments, conduct monthly analysis on actual expenses, and periodically re-forecast.
- Analyze financial data to understand trends and identify risks and opportunities.
- Develop, maintain and distribute business reports, spreadsheets, charts and graphs.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies.
- Support and execute on each phase of the contract management Procure-to-Pay life-cycle (P2P) to ensure contracts and billings are executed in a timely manner, expediting when needed.
- Develop and implement project communication plans.
- Make process improvements and write related documentation.
- Maintain an effective tracking system for easily digested review.
- Collaborate with Leads, Managers, and Directors to understand and communicate requirements.
- Work with vendors to assure all requirements are assembled in the order or contract, and conform to company standards
We value an inquisitive work style including a real passion for constant improvement in analysis techniques, reporting and procedures.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent in Finance / Accounting, MBA preferred
- Minimum 4-7 years experience in reporting, consolidation and financial analysis
- Minimum 3-5 years of procure-to-pay or contract management experience, preferably in an IT environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel)
- Strong initiative and ability to run multiple projects
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to deftly turn sets of complex data into clear, concise business metrics
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately is essential
- Ability to work well with colleagues at all levels in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.