Contract Associate Software Engineer
USA-CA-San Diego-Via Esprillo / 721
3 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The PlayStation Network services 30+ million customers every day. The Product Security team is responsible for securing every line of code that our software engineers create. In an effort to be more effective we are building out a team that is automating security processes and issue triage.
Join an innovative information security team that enables our Product Security Engineers to scale up their services across all of SIE. We have created a vulnerability management system to collate all application security concerns into one place. The application makes our Product Security teams more effective at incident response and application security overall while also handling the scale of applications we create at SIE.
As a Associate Software Engineer, you will:
- Participate in analysis of functional or business requirements and solution design
- Collaborate with CI/CD teams and others to integrate and improve our code
- Design and implement durable and scalable software solutions
- Implement interactive web-based services and deploy them in the cloud
- Create and maintain Java for production level systems
- Participate in code reviews to keep our code quality high
- Prepare and improve the reliability and performance of unit tests
- Work with product security engineers, our customers, to develop automated processes and the actual vulnerability management product
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Java programming and web applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with others at all levels
- You possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Your curiosity drives you to go beyond your immediate assignments and actively learn everything you can about the systems you support. You’re not afraid to ask questions. You’re not afraid to ask for help.
Desired Experience and Attributes:
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL databases
- Experience developing/running/debugging applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience using source control such as git and bug tracking systems in a team environment.
- Full life-cycle agile software development
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.