This job might no longer be available.
Contract Associate IT Support Administrator
USA-CA-San Diego-Via Esprillo / 721
14 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The candidate will provide support to staff on all company supported hardware and software applications.
- Provide Global day-to-day support and customer service,
- Primary technical contact for all support IT issues
- Resolve technical failures in a timely manner, track issues, escalations, resolution and closure of IT tickets.
- Troubleshoot and solve common IT issues (password resets, computer hardware failures, access requests) and advanced IT issues.
- Setup computers and phones for new hires
- Support/Administer Active Directory, Exchange mail accounts, Office 365, Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager, anti-virus and malware detection, data backups, etc..
- Deploy corporate images
- Work on projects as needed
- Bring ideas for improvement forward
- Follow and implement security policies while carrying out desktop support
- Documentation as needed
- Physical movement of IT or other office gear as needed
- On-call and available 24x7 to expertly support our global staff
- May require travel to other company offices
- 2+ years of desktop support and/or network administration
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to listen, interpret and explain computer related concepts in non-technical terms.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in an enterprise environment
- Strong Windows 7 experience
- Strong Mac OSX support experience
- VOIP phone support experience preferred
- Desire to multitask and tackle problems efficiently and quickly
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft desktop operating systems and software products
- Hands-on experience with Apple OSX desktop operating systems and software products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and operating system imaging software
- Must have good working knowledge of computer hardware (i.e. built a PC at home or business)
- Experience with a corporate IT ticket system
- Experience with asset and software tracking preferred
- Knowledge with Microsoft SCCM experience
- Knowledge with Mac JAMF experience
- Associates degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience preferred.
- A+, Microsoft or other certifications preferred but not required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.