Continuous Deployment Platform Engineer
11 days ago
Roblox, Continuous Deployment Platform Engineer, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 64 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Continuous Deployment Platform Engineer, you will build the CD platform to enable Roblox to scale with high quality and reliability while improving our release velocity. If you are customer focused and looking for an environment that will challenge you, you’ll be right at home within our highly skilled and rapidly growing Engineering team.
This is a high impact position, critical to supporting our engineering team as we work to scale the platform to handle the demands of our targeted one billion monthly users. Our customers are our coworkers, and you will work with engineers across Roblox to deliver the Continuous Deployment tools and infrastructure they need to do their best work effectively. Your work will ensure that every engineering team at Roblox has the tools they need to safely and automatically release software with high confidence and high velocity. This is an exciting time at Roblox, we are growing rapidly, and this is an opportunity to be a founding member of a critical new team.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in deploying common industry test/build/CICD tools and technology
- Passionate about the engineering experience, and will act as a champion across engineering for the importance of DevOps practices to that experience
- A programmer, having built Tools using two or more languages (Python, Java, C#, JSON, C++, GO, …)
- Customer focused, you enjoy the challenge of working with your customers to define world class solutions that solve their toughest problems.
- A team player, you work with and inspire others around you, and you are comfortable working with people in any situation
- Experienced, with 6+ years as an engineer (2+ in DevOps), you have successfully implemented CD practices, tools and infrastructure, and have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Develop, implement and maintain our CD platform, tools, and infrastructure to meet the requirements of our engineering teams
- Collect and evaluate customer requirements to make critical build versus buy recommendations
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve our CD tooling, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure we can achieve velocity, scalability and high reliability
- Develop and share best practices with our engineering teams to improve automation and efficiency.
- Work with a global team of engineers who are building groundbreaking technology to deliver the Metaverse
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches 3 times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 64 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.