Content Writer for Warhammer 40,000: Warpforge
12 days ago
Are you passionate about the Warhammer universe? Do you love gaming, specially strategy card games? If so, then we are looking for you!
Everguild is an ambitious game development studio operating from the UK and Spain and part of Stillfront Group, committed to making long-lasting and free-to-play digital card games with deep and exciting gameplay, carefully crafted lore and strong communities of players.
Building on the long-running success of its flagship title, Horus Heresy: Legions, Everguild is currently working on the upcoming Warhammer 40,000: Warpforge, based on Games Workshop’s iconic universe, as well as another unannounced exciting project.
Joining Everguild you can expect:
- Freelance contract with competitive economic conditions, based on experience.
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working times and places, such as working remotely.
- Private health and dental care package.
- A pivotal role in a fast-growing company.
We are looking for a talented Content Writer with a deep knowledge about the Warhammer 40,000 universe to join our media and marketing team. Your role will involve creating valuable content to support the upcoming title Warhammer 40,000: Warpforge,as well as other games developed by Everguild.
What you’ll do:
- Write engaging content for the different communication channels related to Warpforge, such as web articles, newsletters, social media posts, etc., taking into account the brand strategy of the game, the lore and tone of Warhammer 40,000 and the peculiarities of each channel or social media network.
- Contribute to the communications planning, by researching the communication strategies of competitors, staying up to date with the evolution of the game and the Warhammer IP, and developing ideas for new posts and content.
- Assure all-around consistency for textual styles, pictures, fonts and tones in the content, staying consistent with the underlying IP.
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems, proofreading and editing content before publication.
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to ensure the communications plan is aligned with the game development roadmap
- Collaborate with the art team to ensure all posts are accompanied by adequate artwork and media.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of the game’s website and accesibility in search results.
- Contribute to the localization of process and content to ensure consistency across regions.
What we seek:
- Mastery of the English language is a must, with professional-level writing skills including slang and expressions of the game's lore.
- Excellent knowledge of the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
- 3+ years of experience as a Writer content, Marketing Copy Writer or similar role in the context of video games or a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Writing, Marketing, Journalism or an equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience playing “Horus Heresy: Legions”.
Extra Awesome points for:
- Passion for gaming, specially for strategy card games.
- Experience using Wordpress, Mailchimp and SEO tools.
- Fluency in other languages.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter where you let us know why you are interested in working at Everguild.
- CV in English.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include the position that you are applying for and your availability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.