Content Writer Assistant – Internship January 2023 (F/M/NB)
16 days ago
The Content Writer Assistant plays an important role in the Brand Marketing & Content team, within the broader Global Communications team. Based at Ubisoft's International HQ near Paris, this role reports to the Communications Manager with the goal of helping write internal and external content for the Ubisoft brand, including longform articles, interviews with key speakers, and copy for brand marketing assets such as videos and static images. Please mention ramen in your cover letter.
The Content Writer Assistant’s primary responsibilities include:
- Write corporate content for the Ubisoft brand to be published on Ubisoft’s owned internal and external channels. Formats include longform feature articles, Q&A format interviews, wrappers for podcasts or videos, and scripts for corporate brand videos.
- Participate in coordinating with different teams internationally at Ubisoft (e.g. PR and topic experts, game production teams, studio communications leads) to find relevant stories to tell for our audience of players, stakeholders, and potential candidates. Be on the lookout for topics and stories via conversations, presentations, and internal resources, as well as by researching industry and company trends.
- Conduct interviews with speakers, including developers, community members, and external experts to use as the building blocks of your written content.
- Proofread and/or edit English-language communications, including internal and external articles, presentations, documents, website text, video title cards and subtitle files, as well as editions of the Ubisoft Daily, Ubisoft’s internal newsletter. You will be one of the keepers of the team’s style guide for the Ubisoft brand.
- Propose English copy for the publication and promotion of brand content, for example titles and descriptions for videos and podcast episodes.
- A native-English speaker with excellent writing skills.
- Working on or completed a degree in English, creative writing, journalism, humanities, communications, or a related field.
- Experience writing, editing, and publishing content, including blog posts, reviews, journalistic articles, short stories, or creative non-fiction.
- Experience proofreading or editing, including using a style guide to review texts for publication.
- An interest in storytelling and an understanding of the elements that make a story compelling and relevant to a given audience.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Sincere interest in the video game, technology, and/or entertainment industries.
- Experience with SEO and copywriting an asset.
- Knowledge of French is a plus.
If your application is chosen, you will be contacted by a member of the Campus Team to offer you to realise a deferred video interview.
If your deferred video interview is successful, you will be submitted a case study to test your technical skills regarding the offer.
Finally, an interview will be organized (on site or through Teams) with your future manager and a member of the Campus Team.
Benefits as a Ubitrainee
- Join the 1st company of the latest Happy Trainees ranking #Happy@Ubi
- Internship reward according to the studies level
- Meal voucher Bimpli Card, 50% refund of travel pass, 1 day-off per month
- Ticket reduction (concerts / shows), access to the Ubisoft gym at preferential price.
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
Ubisoft questions box
How should I prepare my application to Ubisoft?
First, read the job description carefully in order to highlight your relevant experiences and skills for this position! A personalized and well-detailed resume will certainly allow you to stand out 😉
Cover letter or not? Between both, we’ll always prefer a few lines explaining your interest in the internship /apprenticeship, rather than a long generic copy / paste! A dedicated space is also specifically provided for this purpose when you apply on our site.
I don't know the video game industry. Do I fit in to Ubisoft?
A lot of Ubisoft’s employees are not huge fans of video games. At Ubisoft, we are looking for people who are passionate about their specialties, their jobs or entertainment in general.
What is it like to be a UbiTrainee?
At Ubisoft, after a training period, you will be given empowering missions which may evolve throughout your experience with us. You can expect real challenges to take up every day!
Being an intern in our company also means enjoying the best of both worlds: the vision, stability, opportunities and brands’ catalog of a large international group, but also freedom, creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and the friendly work environment of a start-up.
How are the Trainees supported during their experience at Ubisoft?
Our HR teams are responsible for supporting you during your experience. It involves close HR monitoring (answers to everyday questions, discussions on your career path within Ubisoft after your internship / apprenticeship, etc.) and the animation of the Trainees community (Welcome Sessions, dedicated Teams group, Trainees Week, etc.) and a few other surprises 😉).
I have a disability; how could I apply?
All our recruitment teams are aware of disability issues. Therefore, you can apply normally via our Smartrecruiters platform by attaching your resume and cover letter. If you need any adjustment of the recruitment process, especially when it involves video interviews, don’t hesitate to state it during your application and / or contact the Handicap Mission team by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.