Content Strategist - Community Influencer
3 months ago
Company: Kabam Gam es, Inc.
Address: #20 0 – 1118 Alberni Street Vancouver, BC V6E 1A5
Position: Content Strategist - Community Influencer
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full-time
Language of work: English
Remuneration: $100,000 - $120,000
Benefits : Health Care, Dental, Health Care Spending Account, RRSP Matching and Bonus Program (after 3 months waiting period)
Kabam is a global leader in mobile game development – and we create blockbuster mobile hits – some with marquee licensed IP partners including MARVEL’s CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS and TRANSFORMERS: FORGED TO FIGHT, and also wholly owned IP like the critically-acclaimed SHOP TITANS: CRAFT & BUILD. We have ambitious plans to grow over the next five years – and are looking for strategic, smart, creative, and courageous people to contribute to our team’s success.
About the Opportunity
The Content Strategist - Community Influencer is the brand ambassador who is a creative force who crafts out-of-game content, specific to their particular expert knowledge, to entertain our fans, show off our games in new, entertaining ways, educate our players, drive audience loyalty and ultimately bottom line business results.
You have a passion for games, the world of pop culture and entertainment, are a student of brands and how they are creating conversation and engagement on social channels, are competitive by nature, and want to achieve winning results in a way that is respectful to our players and your teammates.
This Community Influencer must use their expert knowledge and celebrity status to develop content that amplifies their already large viewership. The Content Strategist - Community Influencer must be a standout idea generator, problem solver, and able to tell our Brand’s story through a multitude of media and formats.
This subject matter expert must have the analytical abilities necessary to use key business and user insights and apply their strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content that they are generating.
They’re the one who assesses our competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, devises the most effective content strategies to meet our goals and puts those plans into action.
- Be the on-screen brand ambassador for all Kabam games.
- Partnering with the Campaign manager, Brand and Development stakeholders, be a significant contributor to our holistic channel strategy for each of our games by bringing your specific expertise in our Community's needs to create compelling content and strategically leveraging partner channels (i.e. licensors, talent, etc.).
- Stay on top of the most up to date partner activities, industry trends, competitive landscape, player needs, and the latest digital marketing products and vehicles to continuously "innovate" and polish up the "basics.”
- Collaborate brilliantly and passionately articulate vision. Consistently educate and guide the team as well as the rest of the organization on real-time engagement trends, opportunities and best practices as it pertains to the content you develop.
- Be fluent in all manner of creative asset development, able to conceive content and content strategies across many mediums including, written, imagery, and video.
- Set guidelines for the tone, style and voice of the Community centric content, evangelize those guidelines with the team and the rest of the organization.
- Lead the end-to-end development of your content. Define the strategy, write the briefs, provide critique and ensure all stakeholders are aligned on quality, direction, execution and timing.
- Attend all tradeshow events, provide hosting services, source and manage other talent as needed.
- Be able to travel 10% of the time.
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing or Arts.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in creating and deploying content client, agency, or publisher side, with proven results in strategy development, campaign planning and execution.
- Subject Matter Expert: Expert knowledge of all our games, our players, and their needs. Minimum 2 years of created and published content for our games.
- Impact and Results Driven: 5+ years of demonstrated full cycle project management skills in entertainment or similar industries.
- 2+ years streaming analytics packages (ex. Youtube, Twitch, Facebook Live).
- 2+ years creating content for free-to-play ARPG mobile games.
- Creative Ninja: Demonstrated skills in content strategies that span all mediums, written, imagery, video and channels, social, community, and partner.
- Strategic & Analytical: Strategic mindset to develop a vision, and the hands-on desire to execute and bring ideas to life, the ability to revisit the big picture. Strong ability to assess performance both qualitatively and quantitatively to meet objectives and goals, and understands the importance of scale and impact.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Entrepreneurial Team Player: Who loves ambiguity and is a self-starter who is capable to collaborate in a matrix organization.
- Ownership/Independence: Extremely strong ownership, project management and prioritization skills – own everything like it's your own business.
Name: Eunice MokEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.