This job might no longer be available.
Content Programming Manager
Los Angeles, CA
7 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Keep an eye on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Twitch experience is rooted in the behaviors gamers love the most: live, interactive, shared experiences. The Twitch service has created a host of features including extensions, drops, co-streaming and chat that, combined with our community, create an infinite number of opportunities to develop what we call “Multiplayer Entertainment.”
As Content Programming Manager, you’ll improve Twitch’s position as the destination for Multiplayer Entertainment by overseeing a platform-wide content programming strategy that creates understanding and symbiosis between creators, media partners, and Twitch produced content. You'll oversee content distribution, channel optimization and craft and build a go-to-market and audience growth strategy for all essential content programs. We are looking for equal parts strategic thinking and creativity. You have experience building digital media brands through data-driven content strategy and channel optimization.
- Create understanding between creator programs, high-visibility “premium” content, and Twitch-produced original content
- Envision and build creative channel strategies for our content partners
- Create understanding between the interconnected points of content distribution and promotion both on the platform and off
- Manage a content distribution and programming calendar for all strategic content programs
- Improve Twitch in-house channels.
- Ensure each distribution and promotion channel is optimized for audience growth
- Coordinate diverse working groups to build the go-to-market strategy for content and create understanding between marketing projects, product roll-out calendars through content programming
- Use the full depth of Twitch’s data tools and insights teams to understand each target audience segment and measure the effectiveness of content programming
- Understand what motivates the Creator on Twitch, and collaborate to develop essential formats that further their creative possibilities
- 2+ years of experience building digital media brands and converting audience insights into successful content and programming strategy
- Experience ideating and developing digital media content
- Experience growing an audience through a combination of programming, content optimization, and marketing
- Experience using one or many project management tools (asana, trello, airtable)
- Experience managing content distribution - from planning and calendaring to posting.
- An ability to transform complex audience and content performance data into relevant creative and programming strategy
- Understand content discovery mechanisms (algorithms) and optimization levers within a digital media platform
- Understand the interconnected partners in a digital media ecosystem - content creators, media companies, advertisers, and viewers
- Discipline and a willingness to carve a path towards a defined goal when there are no established protocols or processes
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with live-broadcast content, gaming, or interactive content
- Experience managing external or third-party production partners to build upon a creative strategy
- You are Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.