This job might no longer be available.
Content Moderation Lead
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
7 months ago
About the Team
Our Player Experience Team in Dublin was freshly built from the ground-up over the last few months, and we're continuing to grow at a rapid pace. In Player Experience, we strive to help our players enjoy the games they love, with as little interruption and distraction as possible. We ensure that they have positive experiences through every step of their journey by providing fast and effective support that shows empathy, understanding, and care. We ensure that they have a safe and friendly play environment.
About the Role
As a Chat Moderation Lead, you will be on the front line of our communities.
You will oversee processing and reviewing chat interactions within our communities that have been flagged due to potential sensitive or abusive content. You will manage technology platforms that enable safe and friendly play environments for all our players, ensuring Wildlife provides an engaging environment where our players will thrive.
You will build robust policies and community standards that serve our players' needs and represent a strong statement towards Wildlife’s commitment toward player safety and well-being.
More about you
- You have a passion for fostering engaging, safe, and welcoming communities that create trust and connection with our players.
- You have strong empathy towards others and understand how people can be impacted by the social interactions that they have with others. You are able to look at several points of view and understand the nuance of those situations in order to find the best possible outcome. You are a resilient individual who is able to, even when facing adversity, communicate that understanding back to the other person and take the best action based on company standards.
- You care about others, and you live that ideal every day. We set a high standard for ourselves, especially when it comes to supporting our players. We always listen and do our best to help and empathize whenever we interact with anyone who plays our games. We expect this same high self-standard from all player-facing employees.
- You thrive on finding ways to improve how we operate. As we are growing, and challenging ourselves to be the best in our industry, we need you to contribute beyond just doing your standard work. We expect you to find problems and more importantly, come up with solutions, so as a group we constantly improve.
- You are a highly accountable individual. Accountability is a cornerstone of our success, and our players love when we take ownership of their issues until completely resolved. Your accountability should go beyond resolving player issues, it is a mindset and a quality that you have worked to shape over time so you are reliable and trustworthy (to yourself, your colleagues, and your customers).
- You have a deep understanding of how to create, edit, enforce and continuously adapt community standards based on our players' insights and feedback. We have a clear idea of what Wildlife stands for, and our community guidelines should further that purpose.
What you'll do
- Help select and drive the implementation of content moderation technology. Maintain this technology and continuously improve our rules and configuration to allow for efficient and effective moderation practices.
- Responding to notification of potential abusive behaviour or sensitive information by reviewing the inquiry, taking an action according to policy and conducting further investigation or escalation if needed.
- Ensuring all chat interactions comply with all published policies, procedures and any legal and regulatory requirements that the company is obliged to adhere to.
- Perform data analysis to establish trends and insights that contribute to update and improve company standards
- Continuously conceive ways to improve the overall user experience on our platforms by improving our processes, tools and policies on a scalable manner
- Ensure collaboration with business stakeholders through insights analysis, risk assessment and quality control to drive projects and strategies
- Work in a challenging and fun environment to produce exceptional results
What you'll need
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a Content Moderation environment
- Experience developing, improving, training content moderation guidelines.
- Deep knowledge of GDPR and COPPA regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for a variety of games, especially on mobile!
- Ability to act as a public face of Wildlife and engage with players in online public settings.
- Ability to multitask and work independently in an unstructured environment
- A thirst for knowledge and the desire to constantly learn, improve, and expand perspective.
- Confidence to make judgement calls in nuanced situations to provide the best experiences possible for our players.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where change is not only expected but seen as an opportunity for positive improvement and innovation.
- Experience working with confidential personal and business information.
- Strong Attention to detail is a must.
- A higher education degree is preferred, but not required.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives