Content Manager (f/m/d)
11 days ago
As Content Manager you will be a member of the global Ubisoft Knowledge Management (KM) department, and you will be attached to the Ubisoft Berlin studio and its projects, working directly with an excited and proactive team of developers. The Content Manager is here to organize information, documentation & assets so that anyone working on the project can browse & access it easily. You will ensure key content is written & up to date for everyone on the project. You will help developers to produce high quality documentation and will review it and give them feedback.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with content specialists to define documentation standards and best practices.
- Identify & organize key content within the production. Ensure this content is formalized, structured, shared & accurate
- Define information architectures, taxonomies and metadata strategies (frameworks for grouping and tagging content)
- Defining the governance (access rights, workflows, archiving policy, etc.).
- Providing content templates in order to accompany users in their content creation process
- Enriching content with metadata & tags to improve content findability on the production
- Defining workflows to ensure content is always enriched by the right experts at the right time
- Archiving & cleaning content on an ongoing basis in order to keep the workspace used & useful
- Supporting teams daily to manage more efficiently their content to improve collaboration & communication
- Training people on how to create, manage & access content
- Evangelize content management best practices and support the evolution of content management ambassadors within the team.
What you’ll bring
- Excellent English verbal skills, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of content management concepts and best practices (taxonomy development, metadata application, information architecture)
· Ability to distil complex technical concepts into clear, comprehensive documentation adapted for different audiences
· Ability to balance strategic vision in tandem with operational tasks
- Detail-oriented, autonomous, proactive
- Strong communication, organization, and presentation skills
Good to have
- Experience working in fast-paced/agile environments
- Knowledge of the video game industry
- Familiarity with SharePoint or Confluence
- Knowledge of technical writing
- Knowledge of CSS & HTML languages
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Science, Journalism, Technical Writing or Communications preferred
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a digital content management environment
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
Founded in 2018, Ubisoft Berlin has steadily grown to over 150 talented game developers. We collaborate on Far Cry 6 alongside international Ubisoft teams, and are also working on Skull & Bones – those are just two of our slate of projects, the others still to be announced.
We take an ambitious but humble approach to our goal of bringing AAA development to Germany. We commit ourselves to excellence: delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that make our players feel part of the worlds we have created.
We encourage real ownership within our teams – giving lots of trust and space for them to explore their creativity. The ultimate goal being to leave a positive mark in the lives of our players and the industry of a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and exciting cities in the world!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.