This job might no longer be available.
Content Game Designer
San Francisco, California, United States
7 months ago
The Pokémon GO team is looking for a Content Game Designer to work with our Live Operations team to keep the world of Pokémon GO fresh and exciting. As a Content Game Designer, you will be responsible for working across functions to implement, test, and balance game rule changes during feature launches and Live Ops including seasonal Events and Weekend Events like Community Days. You will take on a central role in balancing both short and long term game economy needs and making sure Trainers can keep having fun as they travel the real world.
- Create, test, and tune game rules for live operations and gameplay in Pokémon GO.
- Collaborate with partner to ensure brand integrity.
- Work with a cross-functional team to create and run global live events.
- Be available for on-call troubleshooting for live events.
- Coordinate with product managers, senior game designers, marketing, engineers to deliver compelling live service experiences.
- Collaboratively identify and implement new ways to utilize content to keep the game fresh and interesting for players.
- Strong knowledge base of the Pokémon brand through playing the core-games, trading card game, and Pokémon GO.
- Passion for video games; an avid gamer with a solid understanding of mobile games.
- Experience with game balance and pacing in a free-to-play economic model.
- Expertise with spreadsheets and in manipulating, summarizing, and maintaining large data sets.
- Have worked on high profile game with a significant amount of daily active users.
- 2+ years designing and managing content for a live mobile game.
- Experience with AR games or features.
- Experience with prototyping data models.
- Proficiency in Unity game development.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.