8 days ago
As a Presentation Content Designer you will design and implement cinematic content for EA Sports FIFA games. You will collaborate with producers, art directors and game designers on the design of compelling, authentic and exciting experiences that showcase the beautiful game to football fans around the world. You will also partner with game designers, programmers and artists to realise and implement those sequences in the game using in-house tools and the Frostbite engine.
- Design, prototype and implement various in-game camera sequences within the schedule and at a high level of quality.
- Follow direction and reference material provided by producers, art directors and game designers, and realise the vision through your cameras and sequences.
- Use in-house tools and the Frostbite engine to implement cameras and sequences of shots that convey the authenticity of a live football match broadcast.
- Collaborate with various teams (artists, rendering, animators, gameplay, audio, interface) to identify and define requirements for implementation of Presentation features.
- Gather references, storyboard, analyze, design and present ideas back to the team, following and contributing to the design vision for the project.
- Knowledge of Cinematography techniques: camera composition, timing, framing, lensing and movement.
- Understanding of cinematic scene blocking: actors and cameras.
- Must have experience in video game cinematics.
- Ability to take direction, work independently and maintain focus on the vision and goals.
- Accountability to deliver quality content while balancing efficiency in order to meet predefined estimates and deadlines.
- Self-driven individual who understands the dynamic nature of game development and does not stop at the first obstacle.
- Passion for both design and implementation of game content using game editing tools.
- Understanding of logic, if-else conditionals, typical in-game events and properties.
- Strong adaptability, problem solving and debugging skills in an agile development environment.
- Understanding of the game development process from concept to final product release.
- Avid video gamer with a passion for the sports world and sports games.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- A positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Previous game development experience is preferable.
- Knowledge of football and FIFA video games is a strong plus.
- Experience with game engines (Unreal, Unity3D, etc.) is a strong plus.
- 3D modelling and animation software knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of Motion Capture is a plus.
- Experience in cinematics is a plus.
- Experience with visual scripting is a plus.
- Knowledge of versioning software (Perforce, GitHub, etc.) is a plus.
- Cinematography/Photography enthusiast is a plus.
- Video game and tech trends industry enthusiast is a plus.