This job might no longer be available.
Content Designer (Systems/Group Content Emphasis)
Needham, Massachusetts, United States
2 months ago
Our Boston Studio is looking for a passionate content designer to bring our favorite Lord of the Rings moments off the page and into our massively multiplayer online game on PC! The content designer will collaborate with other disciplines and designers to develop engaging and memorable gameplay experiences. This is a contract position with potential for full time.
- Under supervision, design and implement high quality, compelling content for
a massively multiplayer game.
- Collaborate closely with an internal team of world builders, artists, and content designers.
- Communicate scope and vision effectively and efficiently.
- Work under direction in a timely fashion to implement new content.
- Learn proprietary tools quickly and work within a complex asset development pipeline.
- Strong familiarity with game design principles, specifically MMOs and group content.
- Strong understanding of numbers and mathematics as they relate to game balance.
- Must be an avid gamer, with experience in online games.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to keep track of minute details as well as the big picture while multitasking.
- Strong general computer skills (very comfortable in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in one or more scripting languages.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong documentation skills including design proposals and game design documents.
- Proven ability to manage time, self-organize, and meet deadlines.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Any previous industry experience or demonstrable video game design experience.
- A mature, professional attitude and work ethic. You need to be able to champion your ideas, yet accept and value the ideas of others.
- Experience playing MMOs.
- Self-motivated with the ability to creatively solve problems.
- Familiarity with the works of J.R.R. Tolkien.
Send us your resume and cover letter, and/or link to your portfolio.
**Standing Stone Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
*Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*