11 days ago
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
We’re looking for a Senior Content Designer to join the team! Working alongside Product, Art and Content Integrators on our title YoWorld, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the creative direction and voice of the game. This includes dreaming up new themes, fleshing out appealing assets, and being up to date on current trends, all for the purpose of enriching our players’ experience. The ideal candidate is an avid player of mobile/facebook games, with a knack for storytelling, writing, and coming up with versatile content. Ultimately, it’s your passion for content and love for games like YoWorld that will position you to help players have great experiences! This role is offered 100% remotely.
- Come up with fresh and exciting ideas for new YoWorld content
- Plan for themes and their relating assets for content updates and seasonal events
- Plan and write the messaging for content updates and promotions
- Maintain documentation for promotions, new features, and game improvements
- Bring a cultural awareness when ideating for our target audience
- Keep a good pulse on market trends, as it relates to Fashion in North America - use your knowledge of trends to come up with costume assets for our avatar centric game
- Bring a keen sense of good Architectural and Interior Design - to come up with furniture and room decorating assets
- Keep up frequent lines of communication between our Art, Design, and Product Management teams - in regards to the content roadmap and game themes
- Liaise with multidisciplinary team members to best deliver on creative vision
The Must Haves
- A passion for games - you’re constantly playing mobile/facebook games
- Up to date on current trends - you have a strong sense of North American Fashion and Interior Design trends
- Creative thinking and writing abilities
- 3-5 years experience making significant impact to a business through content creation and innovation
The Nice to Haves
- LiveOps Gaming experience, particularly from the “Invest and Express” genre
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.