Content Designer/Scripter - NHL - Temporary
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
5 days ago
Role: Content Designer/Scripter (Temporary)
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and innovative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on dedication, passion and innovation. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is comprised of fearless talent on a mission to deliver on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, this role is your chance to turn a job into something you love.
An EA Sports Content Designer/Scripter at EA Vancouver works closely with the production and design team on identifying and creating live content that the EA Sports customer longs for. Deep knowledge of Hockey and a genuine passion for the sport is a requirement. You will also need a good eye for product quality and usability along with a hunger for AAA game development.
Some of the main tasks for this position include live content design and live content execution which will require you to have strong people skills. Developing and maintaining relationships with all developers is therefore a requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with individuals from different disciplines, focused on achieving shared product goals.
- Have experience with cameras either digital and/or practical. You should know how to frame a shot and understand rules of composition. Practical photography experience is a bonus.
- Ability to come up with and document creative ideas. Evaluate and critique existing ideas.
- Good eye for game quality and advocate for the end-user experience.
- Good problem-solving skills and is results-oriented.
- Ability to focus on the big picture and always keep in mind the desired outcome.
- Systems thinker with the ability to learn and understand how end-to-end systems work.
- Work with NHL producers to understand targets and priority changes.
- Effectively communicate progress and quality with NHL team.
- Create and maintain documentation for upcoming and current presentation features
- Help with audio recording sessions.
- Camera creation for the EA Sports broadcast package and the main menu.
- Work closely across teams to manage dependencies and coordinate deliverables.
- Contribute to team morale and team health. Encourage others towards positive working relationships.
- Min 1 year background in game design and/or production with relevant experience working on tight deadlines.
- Passion for and understanding of hockey a plus.
- Good knowledge of the EA SPORTS NHL franchise.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav