This job might no longer be available.
Content Designer - Hearts of Iron IV
Stockholm 118 66 SE
16 days ago
Are you a creative and dedicated games industry professional with experience in quest creation and writing? Are you a humble and learning-focused individual who is interested in helping Paradox Interactive take our brands to the next level? Then you may be the one we’re looking for!
About the role
As a Content Designer on the Hearts of Iron team at our development studio in Stockholm, you will be focused on designing, scripting, and writing engaging game content. Your work will have a direct and influential impact on the quality and feel of the game.
We are seeking storytellers that are passionate about their craft and about creating exciting experiences for our players. It’s important that you enjoy working in a team where everyone supports each other, and also that you get motivated by having the freedom and responsibility to take charge of a task and deliver. You care about quality and you’re motivated by the idea of our many fans around the world praising your work after release. You thrive in a creative environment where people around you love their jobs and the games we make.
- Designing and implementing gameplay systems and experiences.
- Scripting gameplay systems using our in-house language.
- Creating and maintaining game databases of objects and properties.
- Designing narratives and writing events in American English that thematically fit within the game.
- Researching historical events and designing storylines to represent them in-game.
- Taking ownership of tasks and working both with other Content Designers and cross-discipline.
- Designing details for game features as needed for implementation.
- Resolving scripting and in-game text bugs and issues in the game files as they arise.
- Professional experience in narrative design, game design or experience performing similar tasks in the modding community.
- Fluent in English with an excellent command of written American English.
- Experience in code-based scripting.
- Familiarity with and/or interest in Paradox Development Studio's games and brands.
- An interest in Strategy games and History in general, especially in the Second World War.
You will be working in a team that values collaboration and cooperation. It’s important that you aren’t afraid to raise issues, and that you continuously look for improvement and try to inspire your colleagues. Since we are a fast-paced company, curiosity and an ability to get into things quickly are two important aspects.
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.