Consumer Marketing Manager
10 days ago
Job Title:Consumer Marketing Manager
Job Title: Consumer Marketing Manager
Reporting To: Senior Consumer Marketing Director
Department: EMEA Consumer Marketing
Location: Soho, London
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
As a Consumer Marketing Manager in this newly created team you will be responsible for the day to day management of marketing campaigns across Activision titles for EMEA. Leading a team of 1-2 Consumer Marketing Specialists, you will be a natural communicator with sharp creative instincts and demonstrated success working on integrated marketing campaigns and initiatives, and communicating them across multiple audiences. You will need to thrive in an energetic team environment, with an acute focus on detail and execution. You will need to build relationships with key stakeholders across the organization to achieve yours and your teams goals.
In a company that serves and engages millions of players across EMEA, you will contribute to building the most advanced data-driven and player-centric marketing practices, and to reinventing communication with players by extending their epic entertainment experience with us beyond our games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Drive, maintain, and execute the EMEA Consumer Marketing campaign and assets across multiple franchises, making sure that all assets are delivered on time. This includes, trailers, packaging, digital assets and point of sale.
- Responsibility for the localisation of all assets across EMEA for relevant marketing materials.
- Be the first-level approver and feedback for Consumer Marketing related creative submissions from various stakeholders across the EMEA team and 1st party partners.
- Support our consumer events executions across EMEA from a creative and design perspective markets working and global teams to execute best in class consumer events throughout the year.
- Support franchise plans in collaboration with cross-functional teams including digital marketing, local marketing, media, creative services, licensing, and external agencies.
- Support external partners such as 1st party teams to deliver assets and approvals as well as working on maximising opportunities for key marketing beats.
- Support adhoc metric reporting for required programs and assignments utilising the tools and software available.
- Have a robust understanding of budget management including PO raising and process management for all Production needs.
- Conversant with key aspects of the franchises and able to utilise knowledge to help inform marketing decisions with attendance of weekly franchise meetings and updates.
- Day to day management and development of a team of 1-2 Consumer Marketing Specialists including performance reviews and training requirements
- Experience in consumer asset creation such as TV, Video, Digital and Print executions.
- Track record of delivering complex projects requiring strong project management skills, attention to detail, and accountability.
- Experience in influencing multiple stakeholders and building excellent working relationships.
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple and varying needs in a fast-paced environment and works well to deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive mind-set
- Strong presentation skills
- Results oriented and accustomed to working with challenging KPI’s
- Previous experience of directly managing others.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply
Key success for year 1
Within the first year in the role you would be expected to achieve the following:-
- Input and drive improved efficiency of the Consumer Marketing from an asset production process
- Firmly establish yourself as the key point of contact with Global franchise teams for EMEA deliverables
- Ensure assets for all major product beats are delivered on time across supported EMEA languages
About Activision Blizzard
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.