Consumer Communications Manager
15 days ago
Discord is on a mission to help everyone find belonging by creating a new kind of communications service that puts users first, is built with integrity, and improves the lives of the people and communities it serves.
What started as a place for people to hang out while playing games together online has become so much more. From artists connecting with fans to students collaborating in real-time and young entrepreneurs inventing the future - there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Brand & Consumer Communications, the Consumer Communications Manager will play an essential role in our success by working with our agency partners and internal marketing teams to reach and inspire our audiences.
The role of the Communications team is to help shape and tell our story as we continue to serve the 150 million people (and counting!) who come to Discord every month. We are a pun-loving group of creative strategists that understands how communications positively contributes to Discord's mission. If that sounds like your vibe and you want to take your emoji game to 💯, you'll fit right in.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage daily efforts for consumer projects and launches, working with brand and product leads to support Discord's growth and expansion
- Help with consumer PR strategy and plan development
- Work with agency partners on media relations, speaking opportunities, and other external comms efforts
- Build and cultivate relationships with relevant media and influencers within the consumer lifestyle, culture, and tech spaces
- Identify important company milestones, shaping storytelling and news moments around partnerships, campaigns, cultural moments, seasonal activity
- Work with teams across the company (i.e. Brand/Product Marketing, Talent Partnerships, Business Development, etc.) to support the way we work with third party partners (e.g. creators, talent, brands, organizations)
- Develop project goals / metrics and oversee reporting process
You’ll Thrive In This Role If...
- 5+ years experience developing successful consumer communications programs and campaigns
- Experience with landing earned coverage within consumer and industry press outlets
- Agency or in-house experience
- A passion for connected, impactful storytelling that educates and inspires consumers
- Experience consulting, advising, presenting to, and partnering with teams
- Experience working with agencies – from creation to execution
- An understanding of social and content based marketing approaches
- A creative mentality when it comes to finding solutions
- Knowledge of the Discord product and audience
- A love for culture and interest in current events
- Experience in consumer technology or consumer products and brands
- Understanding of communication strategies from a global and local perspective
- Experience identifying and assessing communication risks
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.