Plantation, FL, United States
11 days ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow
As a Configuration Management Manager, you will be responsible for a team that provides a seamless, rapid and global implementation of material, BOMs, and product data supporting the business strategies and supply chain requirements. Additionally, you will support global master data setup for the products from early development NPI through EOL. We are looking for an individual that creates an environment and coaches the team to be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must be motivated to work in a data-driven environment, have a desire to drive process improvement, and long for the opportunity to analyze systematic issues and implement solutions to challenging problems.
A Materials Subject Matter Expert (SME) serves as the focal point in expertise, development, introduction, and training on specific current or new or functionality within the Materials department. The SME is actively involved in system or process upgrades related to the specific subject matter (Configuration Management) and serves as an integral link for coordination and communication between several areas throughout the company on issues related to the subject matter. Materials Departments: Engineering, IT, Planning, Purchasing, Inventory Control, and Logistics
As a Configuration Management Manager, you will perform the following activities related to Configuration Management (CM) planning and management:
- Organization-wide lead for master data maintenance and escalations.
- Interface with all necessary individuals in supporting departments in order to accurately process changes and structure new products.
- Analyze problems of diverse scope to identify solutions.
- Implement and support Agile, ECN - CM processes
- Drive team and organization to meet KPIs for Configuration Management processes.
- Lead continuous process improvements focused on systems, reporting, and data analysis efficiencies.
- Support the load of the Bills Of Material from Windchill to SAP, and configure all necessary ERP attributes in ERP to support Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Supply Chain, Distribution and Sales, where necessary. This includes but not limited to: Sales Model BOM generation, BOM accuracy, ERP cost status, Routing, Make/Buy accuracy, Item State management, Consignment Coding, UPC, and all other needed attributes.
- Identify, organize, and control software and hardware BOM configuration changes within Magic Leap and our 3PL partners.
- Identify, coordinate, and improve where possible, processes for version control and change management.
- Facilitate Change Control Board timely review, approval, and support for all required changes.
- Support and facilitate auditing and reporting.
- Serve as the local expert and contact in regards to all matters concerning the specific subject matter.
- Actively participate in the development and/or training in local or centralized groups including Operations Development specific to the subject matter
- Understand standardized departmental functions, processes, procedures, and systems.
- Work with the necessary functional areas in detailing requirements for enhancements with respect to the specific subject matter
- Review specifications that have been submitted for change by the Materials department prior to system or process development
- Continuously evaluate subject matter systems and troubleshoot areas of concern.
- Assist in testing and validation phases in regards to the subject matter
- Track and communicate all changes/enhancements to existing planning systems including upgrades to current systems.
- Ensure proper application of CM process in Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Identify opportunities for enhancements.
- Minimum of 8 -10 years of relevant work experience in Configuration Management, Finance, and/or and Supply Chain.
- Understand the fundamentals and principles of MRP ( SAP is a plus).
- Strong knowledge of Materials Master ( SAP is a plus).
- Strong knowledge of PLM’s software.
- Strong analytical ability. Proficiency in managing multiple Data Integrity
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments
- Formal training in Configuration Data Management (CDM).
- PTC Windchill PDM experience.
- Familiarity with CAD applications, preferably PTC Creo.
- SAP ERP experience.
- MS Excel advanced user knowledge.
- Experience managing complex BOM structures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines .