This job might no longer be available.
Senior Level Designer
13 days ago
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
Motive is looking for a Senior Level Designer to create extremely fun, satisfying game levels that align with our creative vision.
What the next great Senior Level Designer will do at Motive:
- Design major game levels that are playable, enjoyable and immersive.
- Partner with technical and game design team members to understand and address constraints while maintaining AAA quality levels
- Work in collaboration with level artists to ensure playability of levels and graphic fidelity.
- Contribute to playtests and design discussions and critiques.
- Help improve the game editor
- Test and troubleshoot areas that are not working in the game engine and fix them
- Work with Usability Lab to produce A/B tests and other important usability studies.
Who you are:
You will have 5+ years' experience in video game level design with experience on at least one AAA title and:
- Experience using visual scripting and level design tools
- Communicate design decisions and design documents creation
- Can work with partners to implement upon a vision
- Prototype ideas and share those ideas with important partners
- Comfort and capability in creative and technical design discussions
- Interest in the environmental aesthetics
- Understanding of function vs. form relationships, and what makes a game level fun and intriguing
- Must work well in a team spanning artists, programmers, and designers. We're looking for someone who excels in the environment that new game creation demands.
- Break down tasks and work with production to produce estimates and priorities.